Gameday Superstitions

dcm3w

Daddy
or Rituals.

Let's hear them!

Mine is I don't cut my fingernails that day. I believe cutting your fingernails can cause bad luck. This dates back to when I was in high school playing sports or trying to get laid haha.

If I have a jersey(currently have Dobbs) I only wear it for a game or two. Never every game. And bigger games or Florida.

Only thing I really do is change up the seat I'm sitting in based on what's going on. And staying put if things are going well! And it's the only time I'll ever put clothes on my dog. She's got a smokey shirt that makes her wag her whole backside every time I pull it out of the closet

First thing get up and See if YankeeVol succeeded to start game thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Never ever read the paper, never shave on game day,, and absolutely positively never invite a fan of the opponent to come as your guest!!!!

If sitting in the stadium: shouting vs not shouting. If I'm quiet and we're doing well, I won't get loud. If I'm yelling and we're doing well, I'll go hoarse keeping it up.

If in laz-y-boy at home: left foot over right vs right over left. Whatever breeds success, keeping it that way until it's not longer working. Then reverse it quickly.

[we humans are sooooo good at discerning patterns, and soooo bad at discerning cause & effect] :)

Reactions: 2 people
Every time I have watched a game with the Dallas Alumni Assoc. we have lost. The last time was the 2000 Florida game. I can't bring myself to ever do that again. Although maybe I should this year to try and break the streak.

What do y'all think?

or Rituals.

Let's hear them!

Mine is I don't cut my fingernails that day. I believe cutting your fingernails can cause bad luck. This dates back to when I was in high school playing sports or trying to get laid haha.

Who the heck cuts their fingernails every day?

Reactions: 3 people
Who the heck cuts their fingernails every day?

I don't
However, I don't want long fingernails. So it's a decision ever so often...risk cutting them and get bad luck or don't cut them and have girly long nails? I, of course, try to strategically plan my cuts haha. Don't worry, they are good for tomorrow!

the magnetic T goes on the truck. Recliner moves front and center at home. Cup of coffee out of my big orange Tennessee mug. Tennessee gear on. Text my vol-hearted buddies "it's game day *******!!" Change my dogs collar tags to their Tennessee ones for the first game.

Over the past 7 or 8 years ive tried everything from changing hats, changing shirts, swapping chairs, whiskey, beer, turning the tv off, turning the radio off, watched the game with others, watched by myself, this food, that food, this cup, that cup, sound on, sound off, inside, outside, on the couch, on the floor, in the bedroom, on the crapper, you name it, ive tried it. This year im gonna sit my lazy butt in my lazyboy recliner and were either gonna win or lose. I give up.

Reactions: 1 person
or Rituals.

Let's hear them!

You are one weird dude

I still have a few, let's call them habits now, that I still practice. For example, I still never wear my Tennessee hat while watching the game. It sits on a table in front of me or on my lap. Outside, of course I'll wear it.

Most of my superstitions have been exorcised by the dooley years. Who knows, if/when Coach Jones regains a winning tradition, I may develop a few new ones.

One more day....

GO VOLS !!!

VN Store

Back