Trevor Daniel to take the first punt.

After the huge improvement in Darr and Palardy obviously he knows what he is doing here.

All those scholarships to punters and a walk on wins the job.

Well after digging into this, I would say Daniel isn't just any old regular walk on. Appears he was lost in the
transition to Butch.

First Team Pro Kicker All American, for reference all these NFL kickers made that same list.

Prokickernews.com » Prokicker.com in Pros

I know we tend to overlook the value of punters, I'm just real happy for this young man. And both of our
kickers are from Middle. Nice.

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly. Throw some peanut butter at him and put him at RT.

There is something demoralizing about having a punter knock the hell out of you on a return. :)

My mind flashes back to David Leaverton's open field tackle on Peter Warrick.

Reactions: 3 people
Reactions: 5 people
I bet that 250 lb whopper can smack it.

cool story bro, moment incoming, ending by tying it in to this punter:

The last time I saw a punter on any level that big was in the 90's at my high school (I was only a few years old but still remember it vividly for many reasons.) The guy ended out being turning down a few punting offers in some colleges (had one punt timed at 5.22 second hang time) and became our middle school coach, and could probably coach at quite a few high schools if he wanted based on hisMmaryville/Alcoa level dominance at that level to the point the team has been voted up to the highest division in east tennessee despite the size of the student body remaining the same. The terrifying part is he used to make us return HIS punts in practice and in pre-game warm ups, as 12-14 year olds. I can remember many of us catching them and getting bruises they had so much hang time.

But the thing he's most remembered for in our small town is playing against Webb whenever Chad Pennington played. In an interview on ESPN way back before 24/7 social media happened he was asked the hardest he'd ever been hit and his reply was "This punter at single A school called Oneida in Tennessee hit me so hard I didn't think I'd play again, no NFL or college player has come close to that hit."

If Daniel can get even one hit on a player like that, he'll have already made a name for himself in UT history, and probably ESPN top plays as well.

Last edited:
6'1 250?

The punter version of Janikowski?

janikowski1.jpg

VN Store

Back