Traitors

Rockytoptn83

I've been lurking on the Arkansas fan board and there's a supposed Vol fan on there saying Arkansas is better than us and will beat us. You serious Clark? If these are our fans who needs rival enemies?

Reactions: 2 people
Thought Lane Kiffin and Tee Martin left in the middle of the night to run away and get married in Vegas

Reactions: 4 people
Most people would agree that Alabama will probably beat us this year. Does that make them traitors?

Not the same. Arkansas is on a similar path and totally not better than us. I think we can all agree that Bama is still ahead of us right now. Also, I'd hope none of us are on their board telling them how great they are and how they're going to beat us.

Reactions: 3 people
I saw no traitors on that page.

I agree. I saw someone defending their team, but not yet confident in a win.

What worries me are all of our fans that somehow think "we're back." I love this team, I love the university, and I continously support both. But, we do not yet have the depth of talent needed to run the gamut of the SEC and the post season. Everyone thinking this is the year to judge the coaching staff with a pass / fail on their progress to date is simply delusional. This has been a complete rebuild from the ground up, not a patch and go effort.

"ALLVOL" on that board apparently thinks it will be a close game, and I agree. With the first game of anyone's schedule not yet played, I have no idea how the Vols and Hogs will match up. But, I can state with certainty that I'll be at Neyland for that game making as much noise for Team 119 that my old set of lungs will allow.

I've been lurking on the Arkansas fan board and there's a supposed Vol fan on there saying Arkansas is better than us and will beat us. You serious Clark? If these are our fans who needs rival enemies?

Lol that guy isn't saying anything bad. There are some fans of other schools on here that post respectfully and bring good info. I for one appreciate opposing fan view points done with respect. To me it looks like that guy is just being respectful and not trolling. Dude you seem to be looking to be offended.

Reactions: 6 people
Lol that guy isn't saying anything bad. There are some fans of other schools on here that post respectfully and bring good info. I for one appreciate opposing fan view points done with respect. To me it looks like that guy is just being respectful and not trolling. Dude you seem to be looking to be offended.

No, I get it. ALLVOL seems like a pretty level-headed guy, but you still never concede the other team will win when it's this close. Fact is, Tennessee has a better chance of winning that game than Arkanssas. Our team is more complete, both offensively (fingers crossed for OLine improvement) and defensively. ALLVOL may be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, coming to identify too closely with his captors. :)

And of course RockyTop isn't looking for a chance to be offended, she's having it rubbed in her face. You probably don't know, but she's married to a pig and hears pig oinks all day long every day, and she's fighting the good fight against pig sooey! So when her husband gets to crow about some other Vol fan who admits the pigs will win, well, that can seem like a betrayal of all the effort she puts in to represent the Vols around her smelly husband and his smelly friends.

That's what it seems like from here, anyway.

Go Vols! Keep up the good fight, RockyTop!

Last edited:
No, I get it. ALLVOL seems like a pretty level-headed guy, but you still never concede the other team will win when it's this close. Fact is, Tennessee has a better chance of winning that game than Arkanssas. Our team is more complete, both offensively (fingers crossed for OLine improvement) and defensively. ALLVOL may be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, coming to identify too closely with his captors. :)

And of course RockyTop isn't looking for a chance to be offended, she's having it rubbed in her face. You probably don't know, but she's married to a pig and hears pig oinks all day long every day, and she's fighting the good fight against pig sooey! So when her husband gets to crow about some other Vol fan who admits the pigs will win, well, that can seem like a betrayal of all the effort she puts in to represent the Vols around her smelly husband and his smelly friends.

Thanks JP! That's exactly what my point was. You never go on a rivals page and concede they will win in my opinion unless it's just a definite disparity in teams. I admit I get really offended because I have to listen to these Hog idiots 24/7 say they're going to blow us out. I'm extremely loyal to my boys and so when I saw another Vol accepting defeat I got pretty hot. Also, I tend to get a little emotional at certain times being a woman and all ha!

Reactions: 3 people

I didn't know she's married to a pig lover. I can understand her sensitivity on the matter.
But I stand by my assessment that this guy is NOT traitor. He is clearly a UT fan. Is he. The only UT fan who thinks Arky wins? I doubt it. Appears he thinks they win. A close game. Arky is one of the games I have as a toss up and not ready to say one way or the other. Does that make me a traitor? Of course not. I agree with "Allvol" that we are a year away.
Could UT beat Arky? Yes. But I'm not ready to call it a W yet.

So, wait a minute... A Vol fan goes on another website and gives an opinion... Traitor.

A UT fan marries a Hog... Loyal fan.

:)

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't know she's married to a pig lover. I can understand her sensitivity on the matter.
But I stand by my assessment that this guy is NOT traitor. He is clearly a UT fan. Is he. The only UT fan who thinks Arky wins? I doubt it. Appears he thinks they win. A close game. Arky is one of the games I have as a toss up and not ready to say one way or the other. Does that make me a traitor? Of course not. I agree with "Allvol" that we are a year away.
Could UT beat Arky? Yes. But I'm not ready to call it a W yet.

I'm not confident we win 100% either. But I'm not going on their board and saying they're going to win. That's my problem. Go and say it's a toss up, fine. He's saying we lose. That's crap.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back