Moseley One Of Top 25 Breakout Players of 2015 To Watch For

Titans4Vols

15. Emmanuel Moseley | CB | Tennessee Volunteers

2014 snaps: 370
2014 PFF rating: 76.6

Presented is a cornerback who fought his way through depth under a snap limitation that emerged in Knoxville, but Moseley amazingly did his work as a true freshman. Seriously, how much of an impact could an 18-year-old really have had in defensive coverage? He simply allowed a lower completion percentage (36.0 vs. 43.9), yards/coverage snap (0.66 vs. 0.68), and coverage snap/reception allowed (12.1 vs. 13.6) than Florida’s Vernon Hargreaves III. The sky is the limit for this sophomore out of Greensboro, North Carolina.

Source

If Moseley keeps this up, it's gonna be pretty damn hard to pass on us, combining him with Sutton and our pass rush, not to mention TKJr lurking in the open field.

Reactions: 19 people
Source

If Moseley keeps this up, it's gonna be pretty damn hard to pass on us, combining him with Sutton and our pass rush, not to mention TKJr lurking in the open field.

It's crazy to think that we all might have been sleeping on Moseley. Once Martin is fully healthy, we are going to have an absolutely incredible DBackfield.

Reactions: 4 people
It's crazy to think that we all might have been sleeping on Moseley. Once Martin is fully healthy, we are going to have an absolutely incredible DBackfield.

I have to say that I was excited about this kid when many questioned us taking him...we might have two future NFL CBs starting for us this fall and what makes it even more amazing is that neither were highly recruited out of HS.

Reactions: 1 person
If we had a healthy Gaulden I would agree.

a healthy Gaulden would've made our secondary unfair.

I think a trio of Sutton, Moseley, and Martin is as talented as any cornerback trio in the SEC. All are NFL caliber. We just need Martin to get 100% and catch-up in the classroom. Once that happens we'll be set at DB.

Reactions: 3 people
a healthy Gaulden would've made our secondary unfair.

I think a trio of Sutton, Moseley, and Martin is as talented as any cornerback trio in the SEC. All are NFL caliber. We just need Martin to get 100% and catch-up in the classroom. Once that happens we'll be set at DB.
What was so special about Gaulden? Not even trying to be rude but I barely even saw him play 😕

...we might have two future NFL CBs starting for us this fall and what makes it even more amazing is that neither were highly recruited out of HS.

It's always purdy sweet when that happens. Nice for Moseley to get some recognition.

It's hard to know a corner is doing well sometimes besides just them not getting burned.

Have the talent. Need more depth. See where Q. Sapp got some reps at safety and Arnold got a bunch of reps also. Martin needs to get healthy. Is Griffin back yet?

yep full go

Rocky Top News ‏@rockytop_news · Aug 31
#Vols freshman safety Stephen Griffin is back and cleared to play.

Source

Moseley is the reason I trust Butch in recruiting. He offered this kid when he was a 2* prospect with his best offer being Charlotte and East Carolina. Now he's an SEC caliber starting corner with the potential to be an NFL draft pick.

Thats what I call having an eye for talent.

Reactions: 6 people
What was so special about Gaulden? Not even trying to be rude but I barely even saw him play ��

Don't worry. I agree with you. I like Gaulden but I view him as a luxury. Others on site were acting like we lost a player of Jalen Ramsey's caliber when he went down for the season. Based on what the coaches have said he's a nice prospect at nickleback.

I personally felt our best lineup was Martin and Moseley at corner. And Cam at nickle. Nothing against Rashaan but Justin Martin is much more talented IMO. And I want my 3 best corners on the field at all times.

Reactions: 2 people
What was so special about Gaulden? Not even trying to be rude but I barely even saw him play 😕

Very good on special teams. Prolly would have been great at nickel...big stretch to suggest losing a PROLLY wrecks our season. Actually scary thought... Hope we're better than ONE player.

I have to say that I was excited about this kid when many questioned us taking him...we might have two future NFL CBs starting for us this fall and what makes it even more amazing is that neither were highly recruited out of HS.
That is amazing to think. Two kids that were almost afterthoughts when they committed has the chance of being one of the top CB duos in all of CFB.

Moseley is the reason I trust Butch in recruiting. He offered this kid when he was a 2* prospect with his best offer being Charlotte and East Carolina. Now he's an SEC caliber starting corner with the potential to be an NFL draft pick.

Thats what I call having an eye for talent.

Butch has an eye for talent, and you trust him in recruiting, yet you don't trust him in terms of who to start because he doesn't have an eye for talent? I'm so confused!

Reactions: 2 people
Excited to watch our Secondary this year almost as much as I am our DL.

VN Store

Back