Matt Darr starting punter

3 of the 32 starting punters this season are from Tennessee? Punter U? PU is a horrible acronym though.

Reactions: 33 people
Wow. It seems like two years ago he was on the depth chart as the backup holder. What an amazing turnaround. Kudos to Darr and the coaching staff.

Reactions: 2 people
As a dolphin fan he has HUGE shoes to full... Brandon fields is one of the top punters in the league...word down here is it was 100% contractual and they get 4 million in cap space with darr instead of fields... Happy that now makes 3 vols on the fins I believe

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
As a dolphin fan he has HUGE shoes to full... Brandon fields is one of the top punters in the league...word down here is it was 100% contractual and they get 14 million in cap space with darr instead of fields... Happy that now makes 3 vols on the fins I believe

4: Ja'Wuan James, Dallas Thomas and Jacques McClendon are also on the team, all OL.

Reactions: 5 people
Bwahahahaha! After all the crap I've seen Matt take on this board, this is one of the most pleasant surprises in a long long time.

What a longshot! Nice job Matt, best of luck to you.

Reactions: 2 people
This surprises me; my office manager's future son in law averaged 1.9 yds. more than Darr last year and he didn't get a job after trying out for TB, Arizona, and NO. He played for UAB.

Bwahahahaha! After all the crap I've seen Matt take on this board, this is one of the most pleasant surprises in a long long time.

I supported him against all the naysayers on here in previous threads. I said that he had a very strong leg in high school and a lot of potential, but was having issues with his ball drop, and not getting the nose of the ball up in the air. It looks like someone fixed his mechanics.

I wish that I knew how to look up the threads so I could prove it. Way to go Darr.

Who was speaking poorly about Darr?

The general consensus I saw is people believe he was a rock solid punter for us last year.

Reactions: 1 person
As a dolphin fan he has HUGE shoes to full... Brandon fields is one of the top punters in the league...word down here is it was 100% contractual and they get 14 million in cap space with darr instead of fields... Happy that now makes 3 vols on the fins I believe

How in the hell would a punter take up 14 million in cap space?

I think it is the senior year. Seniors are supposed to step it up for the team. I think he and Palardy both rose to the top their senior year... good for him.

VN Store

Back