Starting OU O-line for home opener

owenfieldreams

It's official and as an OU fan, somewhat disconcerting.

LT: RSF Orlando Brown, 6'8", 340lbs
LG: RSF Jonathon Alvarez, 6'3", 316lbs
C: SR Ty Darlington, 6'2", 286lbs
RG: SR Nila Kasatati, 6'4", 316lbs
RT: SR Josiah St. John,6'6", 300 lbs

These weights are from the spring so they may not be accurate. That left side is awfully young.

These weights are from the spring so they may not be accurate. That left side is awfully young.
They'll become very familiar with one of the best players in the country at his position in Mr. Barnett.

Reactions: 13 people

Still twice as good as ours. Expect lots of pressure on that left side.

They'll probably flip Alvarez and Kasitati at the guard spot.

It looks pretty solid, but their left side has 2 RSF? Find their weakness and exploit relentlessly. :pirate:

Was watching some tape on Stoops. He said Orlando Brown has been the star of the camp.

Because of how good he has become, they had to move the senior LT to RT.

Reactions: 1 person
Stoops said he was the star of fall camp. He won the job outright on his own. He's young, but that's impressive.

I'm happy that the young man has found success over there. Hope he's a Freshman All-American beginning with his 2nd game.

It's crazy to me that he can get into a school like OU, but somehow not UT.? It's not like we're Ivy League around here.

The SEC is hit or miss with these type of restrictions - transfer block for sexual assault = good
requiring extra math class or whatever = not good

Reactions: 2 people
I think Alvarez is a Soph, at least on the roster he is listed that way. The RSF listing was from the spring. Also, the starting WR unit with be Sterling Shepherd, DeDe Westbrook, Duran Neal, and Jarvis Baxter alternating with Jeff Mead. When a TE is employed it will be Mark Andrews.

I think Alvarez is a Soph, at least on the roster he is listed that way. The RSF listing was from the spring. Also, the starting WR unit with be Sterling Shepherd, DeDe Westbrook, Duran Neal, and Jarvis Baxter alternating with Jeff Mead. When a TE is employed it will be Mark Andrews.

Appreciate the update field.....looks like both teams have talent all over but are concerned about their OL. It's great to see two traditional powers schedule a home and home series like this. Hope this game is a much better, much more competitive game than last year and that the home team finds a way to pull out a W. 😁

I'm happy that the young man has found success over there. Hope he's a Freshman All-American beginning with his 2nd game.

It's crazy to me that he can get into a school like OU, but somehow not UT.? It's not like we're Ivy League around here.

The SEC is hit or miss with these type of restrictions - transfer block for sexual assault = good
requiring extra math class or whatever = not good

Yeah I don't pretend to know what he lacked in getting into Tennessee vs. OU either. He's maintaining a 3.0 in college so far. He has said he went into a funk when his father died and his mother moved him from MD to GA and his grades suffered. That's hard on a kid.

interested to see what he looks like when the bullets start flying in games. I like the kid but he seems really slow.

interested to see what he looks like when the bullets start flying in games. I like the kid but he seems really slow.

6'8" and 340 lbs makes up for quite a few deficiencies. He will be a handful for whoever lines up opposite him.

Tell em' not to worry about that. We don't have anyone good over there. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Not to worry since Oklahoma's O-line wasn't ranked in the nation's top 30 by Athlon Sports. Georgia was no.1, followed by Arkansas at no.2, ending with Bowling Green at no.30.

6'8" and 340 lbs makes up for quite a few deficiencies. He will be a handful for whoever lines up opposite him.

they will go right by him. Barnett handled scherff (#5 overall pick), tunsil, humphries (1st round pick), robinson from south carolina, etc. He will be fine.

If he had his academics together, he would be Soph LT for Tennessee because he would have started last year.

OU had no problem taking him. Butch screwed something up. Sign the kid and figure it out later. I said Brown was by far the best O-line prospect of that class that UT was receuiting.

Yeah but if I remember correctly, but if you sign a kid who doesn't qualify you lose the a scholarship the player and maybe an additional scholarship ? Not sure but it seemed to protect the kid from a situation like this

KMac will be lined up next to Barnett for that game...that is terrifying. Center will have to slide making Brown go 1 v 1 with barnett all game.

VN Store

Back