What venue or home/home series would you like UT to play?

skasper06

Not just national championship venues, obviously... I'm talking about in general in the season such as the home and home with Oklahoma or the special venues like Bristol, or Nissan stadium?

Personally I want a home/home with Notre Dame. Not only would it rekindle some old rivalry flames, but Brian Kelly vs. CBJ would be great since Butch followed Kelly at CMU, then at Cincy as well.

For a special venue, I admit BMS and the new Falcons stadium is going to be pretty awesome. But I would also love something out west. Maybe Century-Link stadium where the Seahawks play. Would be great exposure to the west coast in recruiting.

Reactions: 1 person
IMO, I'd like to see a home/home series with the following, in no particular order:

Michigan State
Washington
Penn State
Texas
Nebraska (2026/27 is too far out).

Reactions: 2 people
I want the home and home that Ohio State pulled out of. Good programs, great traditions, and a great win for either program.

Was supposed to be 2016-17 I believe. Until Suburban got here and OSU mysteriously chickened out.

Texas home & home
Miami in new falcons stadium
Tosu back in bristol
Boise state home & home
Notre dame, at titans stadium

Every school that goes by UT. Round robin. Winner gets the right. We are coming for you university of Toledo.

Agree with
Texas
Tosu
Notre Dame
Michigan
USC
Would also like to see
FSU
UNC
OSU
App St ( live 15 min from Boone)

Not just national championship venues, obviously... I'm talking about in general in the season such as the home and home with Oklahoma or the special venues like Bristol, or Nissan stadium?

Personally I want a home/home with Notre Dame. Not only would it rekindle some old rivalry flames, but Brian Kelly vs. CBJ would be great since Butch followed Kelly at CMU, then at Cincy as well.

For a special venue, I admit BMS and the new Falcons stadium is going to be pretty awesome. But I would also love something out west. Maybe Century-Link stadium where the Seahawks play. Would be great exposure to the west coast in recruiting.

Either Clemson or Ga. Tech. A third would be North Carolina.

Reactions: 2 people
For the cities and scenery...
Texas
Ariz state
So cal

For football and tradition...
ND
PSU
OSU
UM

Here are the ones I really would like to see, so we can even the all-time score against them, heh :)
  • Baylor (we're 0-1 vs them)
  • Dartmouth (also 0-1 ... assuming they still play football?)
  • Kansas State (0-1)
  • Nebraska (0-2, a top priority)
  • Oregon (0-2, also a big priority...but let's wait a few years until we can kick they butt)
  • Pitt (0-2...seems to me this home&home series is already on the long-range calendar...)
  • Penn State (2-3)
  • Purdue (0-1)
  • USC (0-4; and please please please let Lane Kiffin be the quarterbacks coach, or waterboy there when we whup em)
  • VMI (0-1)
  • Oklahoma (we're currently 1-2 vs them...if we beat them this year, drop this from the list, heh)
  • Texas (1-2, a priority)
And amazingly, that's it! Of the 142 teams we've played in our long and illustrious history, we only need to even the odds against 12 (plus another 4 in the SEC--Bama, Florida, Auburn, and Mizzou).

So let's get on this bucket list! Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
Who is Tosu? I want a yearly match against VT so I never have to hear another Chokies loud mouth again!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to USC. I would like to see Texas and FSU on the schedule in the future.

I hope that more match-ups with UCLA will happen. Notre Dame too. I wish padding records with easy wins wasn't the strategy in place of having multiple, strong OOC opponents every year. Maybe expanded playoffs will remedy this. I'm really not looking forward to North Texas or Western NC anywhere close to Oklahoma.

UNC would be a cool venue to visit.

West Virginia, Virginia Tech (got em next year but it's not a home and home) North Carolina, Miami, Texas, Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan, California, and Stanford

Okay, turns out Dartmouth does still have a football team. bad news is, they're FCS. And we pretty much stick to (one per year) local/regional teams from the FCS, to help them with their program finances (while getting a cupcake game for us, heh). So don't think revenge vs. Dartmouth is gonna happen.

Also realized, there's a question of smart timing for these bucket list get-even series. So here's the order I'd like to see them come in:

Top Priority:
  • Nebraska (0-2)
  • Pitt (0-2...seems to me this home&home series is already on the long-range calendar...)
  • Penn State (2-3)
  • Purdue (0-1)
  • Texas (1-2)
All these teams are imminently beatable, today. So let's get them scheduled before they turn back into powerhouses, heh. Plus, want to get PSU while Franklin is still there, we owe him a whuppin or two. ;)

Can Do Any Time:
  • VMI (0-1)

These Can Wait a Bit:
  • Baylor (0-1)
  • Oregon (0-2)
Some of these are currently hot commodities. Vols ain't scared of no one, but we're also not dumb; let's give these guys a few years to cool off a bit before we schedule em. :)

Variables Involved:
  • Kansas State (0-1)
  • USC (0-4)
These two we gotta play by ear. We want Kiffin to be the waterboy or co-QB coach, or some other role at USC before we schedule them. That way we combine team revenge with personal hate-satisfaction, heh. As for Kansas State, we want to wait for old Coach Snyder to retire...that guy is almost as dangerous as Steve Spurrier, even with a declining program.

Go Vols!

Who was UT's 1st game against? If they still have a program, it'd be cool to have an "anniversary" game.

AZ ST! (I live in Phoenix) (The modified shocker bowl!)
Texas
Utah
Michigan
OSU

VN Store

Back