Media Monday-Game Week Press Conf

Brief transcript from someone who did not watch:

Mental conditioning. Mental preparation.

How will we respond when the lights come on?

Individuals.

Team 119 team composed primarily of preschoolers.

Youngest team to take any field anywhere at anytime.

Need explosive playmakers.

Bowling Green very dangerous team.

Chunk yardage.

Game stress. Game mentality. Game preparation.

63 effort.

I don't even mean this as a dig, because I think the consistency of approach from Butch is very helpful to these kids and has been a steadying force. I'm glad that we don't have news stories from the coach making off the cuff comments at a presser anymore, as with Dooley.

Reactions: 4 people
Tired of the excuses pregame. I love cbj and the Vols but havet heard the excuses for 6 years, no more bamboo, just shut up and beat someone anyone of relevance

Reactions: 2 people
I haven't looked at the exact numbers for all he teams we face but saying we are the youngest is t a stretch at first glance. I don't look at it as an excuse, just stating facts.

So we are young again is what he is trying to say

Tired of hearing that sh**. Just because you let some freshmen get some PT doesn't make you a young team. I know we're still young, but he actually said younger than last year. From an experience stand point there's just no way.

Reactions: 6 people
For people that say they only care about what's shown on the field, there are a lot of people that seem to care a lot about what a coach says off of it.

Reactions: 6 people
As most on here know I am a big Butch fan, but even I am tired of the same old coach speak. He could elaborate on why Jumper is starting, or anything of substance. The youngest team statement is also driving me crazy.

We may be the "youngest team in the country" yet again, but I doubt it. Even if we are, we still are a very experienced team compared to most in the country. We are 6th in the entire country in teams returning the most "starts." Even if most of these players are now Sophomores, we are still right near the top experience wise. I am a huge Butch Jones fan, but I'm tired of all the excuses before our seasons even get started. We've been the youngest team in the country for about 8 years now it feels like. A bad 8 years at that. I'm ready to start seeing more results and less excuses, especially before we even take the field in the first game.

Below is the list of the top 20 teams and their returning number of starts.

1. Temple - 260
2. Boise State - 250
3. Ohio State - 246
4, UCLA - 239
5. Baylor - 234
6. Tennessee - 233
7. North Carolina - 232
7. Vanderbilt - 232
7. Tulsa - 232
10. Oregon - 231
10. Ole Miss - 231
12. California - 230
12. UMass - 230
12. Appalachian State - 230
15. Pittsburgh - 229
16. Arizona State - 227
16. Georgia State - 227
18. Ohio - 226
19. Charlotte - 221
20. USC - 219
20. Texas Tech - 219
20. Western Michigan - 219

Reactions: 5 people
lol. . .I believe Butch hits the young button just to piss some of you off. Equates to CPF saying working like heck.

We may be the "youngest team in the country" yet again, but I doubt it. Even if we are, we still are a very experienced team compared to most in the country. We are 6th in the entire country in teams returning the most "starts." Even if most of these players are now Sophomores, we are still right near the top experience wise. I am a huge Butch Jones fan, but I'm tired of all the excuses before our seasons even get started. We've been the youngest team in the country for about 8 years now it feels like. A bad 8 years at that. I'm ready to start seeing more results and less excuses, especially before we even take the field in the first game.

1. Temple - 260
2. Boise State - 250
3. Ohio State - 246
4, UCLA - 239
5. Baylor - 234
6. Tennessee - 233
7. North Carolina - 232
7. Vanderbilt - 232
7. Tulsa - 232
10. Oregon - 231
10. Ole Miss - 231
12. California - 230
12. UMass - 230
12. Appalachian State - 230
15. Pittsburgh - 229
16. Arizona State - 227
16. Georgia State - 227
18. Ohio - 226
19. Charlotte - 221
20. USC - 219
20. Texas Tech - 219
20. Western Michigan - 219
Of those 233, how many belong to the "Out For The Season" crowd?

It ain't a excuse.. It's marketing to recruits.. Subliminal message saying "early playing time if you come to Tennessee"

Reactions: 7 people

1. Temple - 260
2. Boise State - 250
3. Ohio State - 246
4, UCLA - 239
5. Baylor - 234
6. Tennessee - 233
7. North Carolina - 232
7. Vanderbilt - 232
7. Tulsa - 232

You think all that experience will help Vandy?

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back