Which newcomers have had stripes removed?

Rizzo924

Volunteer Club Member
I know for sure 6-7, but haven't heard about any since then. I can google various articles but haven't found a complete list. Is the list below right? If so, what's the scoop on Kahlil? I would've thought he'd have lost his.

Kamara
Phillips
Dormady
Jennings
Tuttle
Boulware
M. Abernathy

Most of the guys who have lost their stripes (maybe all?) have been here since the spring. So they've had more time to prove themselves and build rapport with their mentors, etc.

As far as K-Mac goes - I get the feeling he has a lot to work on in terms of technique. Sounds like he has a great attitude and is a hard worker who is ready to learn - But he's been on campus for a pretty limited amount of time.

I also think he was so physically superior to the guys he played against in HS (size, strength, leverage, etc.) that he hasn't really needed to refine his craft and hone technique. This is just going off a few comments I've heard from the media. Could be way off.

Regardless, I would guess his stripe will be coming off fairly soon...

Reactions: 1 person
Most of the guys who have lost their stripes (maybe all?) have been here since the spring. So they've had more time to prove themselves and build rapport with their mentors, etc.

As far as K-Mac goes - I get the feeling he has a lot to work on in terms of technique. Sounds like he has a great attitude and is a hard worker who is ready to learn - But he's been on campus for a pretty limited amount of time.

I also think he was so physically superior to the guys he played against in HS (size, strength, leverage, etc.) that he hasn't really needed to refine his craft and hone technique. This is just going off a few comments I've heard from the media. Could be way off.

I tried to tell people this and got flamed. They said he's "basically been training with NFL coaches so his technique is probably better than half the guys we have on the team."

He's still unreal and will be an eventual 1st round pick. and most likely starts this season. But we have to keep in mind that he's still a freshman and didn't play senior year in high school

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think KMAC's technique is as far off as some think... CBJ said as much about
his hand technique.... I'd say it's probably pad level,leverage,and and utilizing rips and swim moves more. He's only been here a few weeks after not playing his entire senior year...

So are y'all calling Khalil a bust yet? Some posters have already labeled Dillon a bust. The football acumen of some in our fan base is unreal.

Last edited:
I tried to tell people this and got flamed. They said he's "basically been training with NFL coaches so his technique is probably better than half the guys we have on the team."

He's still unreal and will be an eventual 1st round pick. and most likely starts this season. But we have to keep in mind that he's still a freshman and didn't play senior year in high school

Plus he is still wearing a green jersey. Think he is recovering from a shoulder injury!

So are y'all calling Khalil a bust yet? Some posters have already labeled Dillon a bust. The football acumen of some in our fan base is unreal.

FTR, my post was related to his stripe still being on a mere 7 weeks after he arrived on campus.

Needing to refine technique <does not equal> a bust. He'll get a lot of PT this year and may very well be starting by mid-season. Anybody who thinks he's a bust without seeing him play a single snap of CFB needs to have their head checked.

Also, I think Bates will get some good opportunities this season as well at LB and ST. He showed some flashes last year pre-injury.

I'm the first to call out overreacting posters on VN, but the three people who mentioned Khalil either mentioned he hasn't been on campus for long or he will be an eventual first rounder. Not exactly labeling him a bust.

Reactions: 2 people

Be weird if it was there on game day

KMac is going to need half the season to get to where he needs to be to have that big season we are all hoping for... but that's jmo

weird to think how Jack Jones has had a bunch of first team reps and still has his stripe and boulware hasn't really been talked abut with the first team at all and his is off

@KIRK_Era: #Stripeless

DKJr had his removed today. Along with DL transfer Paul Bain

weird to think how Jack Jones has had a bunch of first team reps and still has his stripe and boulware hasn't really been talked abut with the first team at all and his is off

What we've been led to believe is that the PLAYERS make this decision. Might want to go to the hospital and ask questions. :)

I know for sure 6-7, but haven't heard about any since then. I can google various articles but haven't found a complete list. Is the list below right? If so, what's the scoop on Kahlil? I would've thought he'd have lost his.

Kamara
Phillips
Dormady
Jennings
Tuttle
Boulware
M. Abernathy

Kahlil should've lost his stripe before he even walked on campus.
Butch just trying to keep him motivated.
It probably gets boring straight murdering Offensive Lineman snap after snap.

VN Store

Back