The Georgia Game

erob0812

Me and my wife are thinking about making the trip to Knoxville for the game. I would like some information about parking and tailgaiting. I know lots around the stadium are for parking passes. Where is the best place to park and tailgate? Do we have a shot at beating Georgia (I think we do? I just want to see a win after traveling from the Chicago area. The only game I've ever been to was in 2008 against NIU with my dad (he's from Ridgely which is near Reelfoot Lake). For that game we stayed at a hotel within walking distance from Neyland. My wife would really like to tailgate. I really want to see them play an SEC opponent. That weekend is the best for us to travel with our work schedules. My wife has never been to Neyland and has never seen the Vols play in person. I want her to see why I am a huge fan of the team and why Neyland is the best stadium in College Football. Thanks for the input and sorry for the long post. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
That's a hell of a good game to attend.. Winner WILL win the East. Good luck with parking... Spend the night anywhere within walking distance. Have fun!

Get to calhouns on the river early pay 30 bucks and boom you got yourself an awesome tailgate setup. Yes Tennessee will beat Georgia, Georgia has a run game but no QB. If you dont have a leader the team trust at QB you wont win on the road in this conference.

Last edited:
Me and my wife are thinking about making the trip to Knoxville for the game. I would like some information about parking and tailgaiting. I know lots around the stadium are for parking passes. Where is the best place to park and tailgate? Do we have a shot at beating Georgia (I think we do? I just want to see a win after traveling from the Chicago area. The only game I've ever been to was in 2008 against NIU with my dad (he's from Ridgely which is near Reelfoot Lake). For that game we stayed at a hotel within walking distance from Neyland. My wife would really like to tailgate. I really want to see them play an SEC opponent. That weekend is the best for us to travel with our work schedules. My wife has never been to Neyland and has never seen the Vols play in person. I want her to see why I am a huge fan of the team and why Neyland is the best stadium in College Football. Thanks for the input and sorry for the long post. :hi:

Wish I could attend my first game in Neyland again. Hope you have a fantastic time! She'll love watching the Vols win!

Reactions: 1 person
Wish I could attend my first game in Neyland again. Hope you have a fantastic time! She'll love watching the Vols win!

My first game was Fulmers final year. It was against NIU (where I went to school). There wasn't much energy playing a MAC school in October. Looking forward to seeing them play an SEC opponent in Neyland! I've been to Memphis a few times when the Vols played them.

I'm going to the Oklahoma game and I don't think I have a parking pass where would be a good place to park that I could walk or take a trolley

My first game was Fulmers final year. It was against NIU (where I went to school). There wasn't much energy playing a MAC school in October. Looking forward to seeing them play an SEC opponent in Neyland! I've been to Memphis a few times when the Vols played them.

I hope you post after the game and let us know how you both liked it. The energy and excitement is crazy now! And we'll have beaten the gators, so it should be a total blast!

Get to calhouns on the river early pay 30 bucks and boom you got yourself an awesome tailgate setup. Yes Tennessee will beat Georgia, Georgia has a run game but no QB. If you dont have a leader the team trust at QB you wont win on the road in this conference.
I heard about Calhoun's tailgating and would like to tailgate for UGA and OU. Do they offer free Wifi and how early for games like UGA and OU to get spot?

I heard about Calhoun's tailgating and would like to tailgate for UGA and OU. Do they offer free Wifi and how early for games like UGA and OU to get spot?

Yea there is wifi, its a hot spot so early arrival is a must. For OU we will get there around 8 to begin setting up our tailgate.

I hope you are ready to shell out cash. Hotels are like 500 a night that weekend for downtown

Yeah. Best bet is to get some up or down the road for $75-150 a night unless you want a roach hotel for $45 a night.

Your wife is in for a treat. I like seeing the faces of people when they experience Neyland for the first time. Nothing else quite like it.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to the Oklahoma game and I don't think I have a parking pass where would be a good place to park that I could walk or take a trolley

If you get to Knoxville early enough, Market Square Garage is a good place to park. It's not to far from Neyland, close to good places to eat at the Market Square Mall, and free (last year anyway). My wife and I prefer the Locust St. Garage which is closer to the stadium. I agree with another poster, don't wait on the trolley after games.

If you get to Knoxville early enough, Market Square Garage is a good place to park. It's not to far from Neyland, close to good places to eat at the Market Square Mall, and free (last year anyway). My wife and I prefer the Locust St. Garage which is closer to the stadium. I agree with another poster, don't wait on the trolley after games.

Thank you ! Will def look into it what's the thing mentioned earlier on this thread that you can tailgate by or at calhouns ??

The UGA game will be one "heck" of a game....I live in Georgia surrounded by UGA redneck fans and YES we will beat UGA this year. They have a good RB but the starting QB may be the transfer from Virginia...still unsettled. Either way, whoever the starter is will have ZERO SEC experience. Our D will eat them alive. I am predicting multiple TO's which will lead to Vol points. Your wife will want to reward you (wink wink) for taking her to watch such a BIG Vol victory. Try to stay downtown so you can walk / taxi to the stadium. You will pass lots of tailgates on the way...or just get down to the strip several hours before kickoff....it will be rocking and rolling.

My wife and I are going to try to get up there as well for the game. Its Great to be a Tennessee Vol.....:pepper:

I have a couple general questions about parking. Is it fairly easy to get a parking spot in a garage within a half mile to a mile from the stadium at least 4-5 hours before a game? My wife and I are planning to make the trip for the Western Carolina game and want to tailgate. And what garages don't require permits?

VN Store

Back