Malik Foreman To Start At Nickel?

Makes sense and when Martin gets going later this season we can put Sutton in a NB.

so Sutton would play CB in base and slide to nickel in that coverage? I'd like to see a breakdown on how many times we lined up in nickel last year, we have more athletic LBers so I wonder if that would limit lining up in nickel?

Reactions: 1 person
so Sutton would play CB in base and slide to nickel in that coverage? I'd like to see a breakdown on how many times we lined up in nickel last year, we have more athletic LBers so I wonder if that would limit lining up in nickel?

Butch said the nickel is our base defense.

I think this will work out much better than last year. Foreman has better speed than Coleman had. He's been in the system and conditioning program for 3 years so he should be solid.

This was my initital guess. Just didnt see Martin ready yet and I'm sure they really want to keep Sutton put.

Jancek specifically said they wanted to keep Sutton at CB because they thought that was the best place for him to help them. Abernathy has been mentioned at NB. Martin is probably several weeks away from helping.

The thing I'm worried about Foreman is him getting toast like he did in the open practice against Johnathon Johnson. One of the worst coverages I'd ever seen.

Is anyone else kinda tired of waiting on Foreman's "potential"? I've been pulling for the guy to make it onto the field for a while now. All I've read is how fast he is, how athletic he is. Can the poor kid just not cover with a dang, or what?

Makes sense and when Martin gets going later this season we can put Sutton in a NB.

Cam at nickel is OK some but why would you want to take your best corner off the outside when that's typically where the best WR lines up? I'd rather slide Berry down from safety when we are in nickel.

Reactions: 2 people
Is anyone else kinda tired of waiting on Foreman's "potential"? I've been pulling for the guy to make it onto the field for a while now. All I've read is how fast he is, how athletic he is. Can the poor kid just not cover with a dang, or what?

Foreman played a lot last season ? Imo he has worked his tail off to contribute to his team. Just maybe he starts this year? You will see a lot of #13 this season. No worrys man he is solid

Reactions: 2 people
It sucks losing a guy who was showing great signs of success, but I don't think this will be as big of an issue as its been in the past.

We have high grade athletes to fill that spot. We're not plugging walk ons in, we not trotting out some guy who runs a 4.8 40.

You've got foreman, Evan berry, Abernathy, and a recovering Martin all athletically capable of filling that role with at least an average level of performance. Match that with sutton and Moseley on the corners, Randolph and Kelly at safety. Add in an elite D line... The secondary is still in as fine of shape as I can remember.

The thing I'm worried about Foreman is him getting toast like he did in the open practice against Johnathon Johnson. One of the worst coverages I'd ever seen.

I am generally an eternal optimist, but I saw that happen as that play developed. The only defense is if the safety was supposed to pick up the WR and whiffed on it.

He obviously guessed (wrong) what route J Johnson was running.

He can only do that because they practice same routes every day - he won't do that during a game.

Foreman didn't play a lot last season, but I seem to remember him playing solidly enough when he got a chance. I can't remember the game (Mizzou maybe?) but I remember him subbing in for Sutton on a play or two last year and having a pass break up in a big 3rd situation.

He's been in the system 3 years now. He's one of the best athletes on the team. We should give him a chance. I think he might be surprisingly solid, if not downright good.

VN Store

Back