Depth Chart for Bowling Green?

other than the lines of scrimmage a butch jones depth chart doesnt mean anything from what ive seen.

Yeah, its going to be pretty fluid. I wonder how much 4-3 we're going to play, and does Maggitt slide off the
line, and does Phillips take his spot at DE?

My guess at the starting lineup:

QB: Dobbs
RB: Hurd
WR1: North
WR2: Josh Smith
WR3: Von Pearson
TE: Wolf
LT: Kerbyson
LG: Robertson
C: Crowder
RG: Kendrick
RT: Thomas

DE: Barnett
DT: Williams
DT: O'Brien
DE: Maggit
SLB: Reeves-Maybin
MLB: Kirkland Jr
NB: Martin
CB: Sutton
CB: Mosely
FS: Kelly Jr
SS: Randolph

Reactions: 2 people
My guess at the starting lineup:

QB: Dobbs
RB: Hurd
WR1: North
WR2: Josh Smith
WR3: Von Pearson
TE: Wolf
LT: Kerbyson
LG: Robertson
C: Crowder
RG: Kendrick
RT: Thomas

DE: Barnett
DT: Williams
DT: O'Brien
DE: Maggit
SLB: Reeves-Maybin
MLB: Kirkland Jr
NB: Martin
CB: Sutton
CB: Mosely
FS: Kelly Jr
SS: Randolph

I would make these changes

Malone for Smith
Jones for Kendrick
Jumper for Kirkland
Foreman for Martin.

agree with rest and assumes no more injuries. Martin won't be ready to start that early but they are sure trying to rush him. I think he would be at corner and Sutton at nickel if they get him in.

Reactions: 7 people
Here's my current guess at the two-deep, but it changes daily and I'm not bright enough to fill in some of the defensive backup spots. I also am currently running with a slightly-unconventional OLine starting 5....

2-Deep%20BGSU.png

JP: Don't you think that Phillips has laid claim to the backup DE spot given his showing this offseason? And do you expect Martin to be ready by game 1?

JP: Don't you think that Phillips has laid claim to the backup DE spot given his showing this offseason? And do you expect Martin to be ready by game 1?

Yeah, good questions. On Phillips (as well as Kendrick vs. Jones at OLine), I think you see the older guys starting because it is the first game of the year, and because it is an easier opponent. Butch will honor their commitment to the team by giving them the first start. I think Phillips and Jones may very well take over the starting spots the following week, for Oklahoma. Could be wrong about that, but I could see Butch doing it that way.

As for Martin, idk if he'll be ready, but sometimes you just gotta make the fella drink as much water from the fire hose as he possibly can before you have to crank the water up to full force. So (contrary to what I said above about older guys getting the ceremonial nod), I think Butch gives Martin every single snap he possibly can, from the very beginning, and the coaches are pulling him out to teach him throughout the game, then throw him back in for more experience. Need him to grow up fast. Trial by fire might be the best way, at this point.

Again, I could be wrong about a lot of this, I'm just going with my gut based on what little we know from the outside looking in. Some of it is based on performance and potential, some is based on leadership and group dynamics, and some of it is sheer guesswork.

Whether to double E the Moseley or not will be giving me fits all season.

Here's a way to remember it, Thunder. Double-E stands for Electrical Engineering. Electrical Engineering is about electricity, which is FAST, zippy-quick. Defensive backs are zippy-quick, but offensive linemen are not. So the DB gets the two Es. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone heard a release date yet? 9 days away its gotta be getting here soon.

I really don't think Butch is going to release a depth chart before the game. Be surprised if he does. He has really revved up this secret kick.

UT site might throw a guess up there but might not be accurate.

Those are both great. Got anything for the Berry twins?

I don't, hehe, I forget them all the time. I initially tried "evian" for Evan (like Evian water, slippery, like a safety all over the deep field), and "El" for Elliott (like the El (elevated) train, moving fast and hitting hard). But both of those are so lame I never remember which is which anyway. And they're no help when the guys are on special teams, which is where you see them most frequently.

So I'm no help, heh. :)

V is the Roman numeral for 5. There are 5 DBs in a nickel. Which one is the DB?

L for linebacker. Is Elliot the LB?

Edit: Yes. Those fit.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's my current guess at the two-deep, but it changes daily and I'm not bright enough to fill in some of the defensive backup spots. I also am currently running with a slightly-unconventional OLine starting 5....

2-Deep%20BGSU.png

Alot of Dooley in the starting line ups

VN Store

Back