Butch Jones Presser "Mock Game Tonight"

Great post, OP. This cleared up a lot of things.

Some notes that I took from this:
Jennings is not only good, he is a bad***
We have nothing to worry about on the O Line

Thinking back to the interviews pre last season, Butch now seems like a kid in a candy store. There are no excuses about being young and inexperienced. He seems like he can't wait to get this season started. All the suppressed smiles when describing some of the position groups and players...

F*** it, I'm all in. 15-0. I hear its nice in AZ in January.

Reactions: 10 people
I watched the Maggitt video also.
That guy is such a great team leader. Not said enough imo.

Reactions: 2 people
it is a shame that Croom has such a hard time staying healthy,hopefully there isn't much wrong and can enter the season healthy

Reactions: 1 person

Thinking back to the interviews pre last season, Butch now seems like a kid in a candy store. There are no excuses about being young and inexperienced. He seems like he can't wait to get this season started. All the suppressed smiles when describing some of the position groups and players...

I'm 100% behind butch, but I've already heard plenty of excuses this off season ab depth and being a year or 2 away from elite depth. I get why he says these things bc they're true, but I, personally, dnot want to hear excuses before or during the season. If butch would stop doing this, I would lIke him even more...not that my opinion of him matters to him one way or the other.

I'm 100% behind butch, but I've already heard plenty of excuses this off season ab depth and being a year or 2 away from elite depth. I get why he says these things bc they're true, but I, personally, dnot want to hear excuses before or during the season. If butch would stop doing this, I would lIke him even more...not that my opinion of him matters to him one way or the other.

He hasn't been using it as an excuse. He simply states the facts and goes on. He still talks about this group doing special things. He really just states the facts in press conferences, Joe Friday style.

What did Butch say that made you come away with the conclusion that we have nothing to worry about on the OL? I didn't come away with that feeling at all.

Butch names tonights game after ME!! :dance2:

My middle name is "Mock", seriously, was my moms maiden name!

It is... I was there in '98.

Maybe I am a goldfish and can't recall things but did we already know Pig was not going to be playing against B.G.? As far as the O-line goes, iv'e stopped worrying, we are where we are, lets hope for the best. Heck, I do not think I will post again until the "Wake Up its Game Day" thread pops up. Thanks for helping me keep my sanity over the long wait.

Go Frigging Big Orange Team #119

:rock::dance2::clapping::pepper:

VN Store

Back