Corey Vereen still in 2 deep? Haven't noticed his name in fall camp

tayrorree

Anyone know if he is still in the D-line picture or has he just been passed up by some of our other defensive ends?

I haven't heard his name much this summer either. I would guess it will be he and Phillips in second backing up Maggitt and Barnett.

It really doesn't matter who starts the game from snap one on the defensive line. It is purely based on rotation and depth. If UT can get 10-15 snaps per defensive lineman per game, the line will be exceptionally great....

Reactions: 1 person
It really doesn't matter who starts the game from snap one on the defensive line. It is purely based on rotation and depth. If UT can get 10-15 snaps per defensive lineman per game, the line will be exceptionally great....

Sure it matters

Starters play more in the rotation

Reactions: 2 people

Don't really care if he is starting, just curious if a multi game starter from last year is even in our rotation anymore. He just seemed to fall off the face of earth in regards to practice updates and mentions on here. Didn't know if he was hurt or off team etc..

Over shadowed by Barnett, Maggitt, Phillips, etc. Just reality of how talented We are at end. He's still a solid player and probably will still get snaps, however.

Don't really care if he is starting, just curious if a multi game starter from last year is even in our rotation anymore. He just seemed to fall off the face of earth in regards to practice updates and mentions on here. Didn't know if he was hurt or off team etc..

He will get significant playing time for sure. His ability has no ceiling. The Vols just have decade of the 1990s depth on the line now, at least at the End position.

He is a serious legitimate NFL prospect for all the right reasons.

Reactions: 1 person
Over shadowed by Barnett, Maggitt, Phillips, etc. Just reality of how talented We are at end. He's still a solid player and probably will still get snaps, however.

He'll get plenty of snaps. Vereen is still a very good football player. He battled injuries last season and the emergence of Barnett caused him to get sort of lost in the shadows. However make no mistake, Vereen provides quality depth on the DL and he will be a big contributor.

Sure it matters

Starters play more in the rotation

Depends on a number of circumstances......also, with the wonderful depth at the position.....do you really want the "starters" to play upwards of 50 snaps a game, just because they are "starters"? The defensive line is more about depth and rotation and conserving snaps versus just playing every down....this is the main reason UT has been blasted in the 4th quarter by most teams... This is asinine and we won't be in many games in the 4th quarter.....

Just like the last several years.............

Last edited:
He'll get plenty of snaps. Vereen is still a very good football player. He battled injuries last season and the emergence of Barnett caused him to get sort of lost in the shadows. However make no mistake, Vereen provides quality depth on the DL and he will be a big contributor.

Pretty much the same exact thing I just said.

Depends on a number of circumstances......also, with the wonderful depth at the position.....do you really want the "starters" to play upwards of 50 snaps a game, just because they are "starters"? The defensive line is more about depth and rotation and conserving snaps versus just playing every down....this is the main reason UT has been blasted in the 4th quarter by most teams... This is asinine and we won't be in many games in the 4th quarter.....

Just like the last several years.............

I would say the starters get 75% of the snaps with the backups getting the other 25. Also won't surprise me if weathered takes Snaps away from vereen

Totally agree. I was hearing someone say the Danny O'brien was getting like 50-60 reps per game. That's insane.

I would say the starters get 75% of the snaps with the backups getting the other 25. Also won't surprise me if weathered takes Snaps away from vereen

We need to HOPE that the "starters" aren't playing 75% of the snaps along the defensive line. That's too much, especially with the talent depth pool across the line.

Weatherd will likely be opposite the field of Vereen and most of Weatherd's time will be on 3rd downs and/or whatever down and long yards to go situations.

Especially if the opponent is playing from behind in the 4th quarter...........

We need to HOPE that the "starters" aren't playing 75% of the snaps along the defensive line. That's too much, especially with the talent depth pool across the line.

Weatherd will likely be opposite the field of Vereen and most of Weatherd's time will be on 3rd downs and/or whatever down and long yards to go situations.

Especially if the opponent is playing from behind in the 4th quarter...........

Well I hope Barnett and Maggitt's in there 70-75 % of the time though some of Maggitt's will be at LB. We finally have quality backups where there's not a great amount of drop off when they come in but our starting DE's are special and will play accordingly

He'll get his time on the field and he'll make a solid impact when he does.

Solid depth along with solid talent is a great thing to worry about, finally.

Our D line is the number 1 least of our worries.

Our Big Orange bone crunchers are coming!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Well I hope Barnett and Maggitt's in there 70-75 % of the time though some of Maggitt's will be at LB. We finally have quality backups where there's not a great amount of drop off when they come in but our starting DE's are special and will play accordingly

So you would prefer them to be completely gassed by the 4th quarter?.......................

VN Store

Back