Poll:Who will start @ MLB for Big Orange?

Poll:Who will start @ MLB for the Big Orange?

• Total voters

madbamahater

With all the talk about the competition being down to Kirland and Jumper......who will start at MLB?

If its close you go with the younger, more talented player, with more potential every time. I don't want someone with less potential and talent starting just because he " has a chip on his shoulder," or is "the underdog."

We need to have talent on the field and let the talented players get experience. You don't win SEC titles with underdogs. Sorry.

If its close at all you have to play Kirkland.

Reactions: 1 person
My vote was for jumper at least in the first game and maybe only the first series.

Perhaps only a symbolic start with Kirkland getting the knod very quickly but my guess is jumper being the starter will give a boost to the team morale. For that reason I think the staff goes that direction

My vote was for jumper at least in the first game and maybe only the first series.

Perhaps only a symbolic start with Kirkland getting the knod very quickly but my guess is jumper being the starter will give a boost to the team morale. For that reason I think the staff goes that direction

This makes no sense at all. Why would the team be so hyped up got Jumper? He is not some player who vme back for a near death experience or something.

They will be more pumped up having more talent on the field flying around hitting people.

This makes no sense at all. Why would the team be so hyped up got Jumper? He is not some player who vme back for a near death experience or something.

They will be more pumped up having more talent on the field flying around hitting people.

Maybe Jumper is really talented? :)

Reactions: 4 people

If Jumper starts vs. BG it's because the coaches think he's more fit to play than DK at the moment, not for any morale reasons. From a motivation standpoint I don't think that Jumper is exactly an AJ Johnson type, nor should our defense be lacking any morale at this point, especially against BG.

The consensus is that Dk is way more talented, with way more potential. Look at measurables, rankings, AA teams, and D1 offers. CJ may be talented. Not like DK though.

Consensus? Scouting services? They miss from time to time. :)

I do not see the staff starting a walkon over a scholarship freshman. Especially one with as much upside potential. That is why Bynum was eliminated.

I hope that any of our coaches will start/play the players who give us the best chance to win. If Jumper is that man, then it will be Jumper. Both will play a lot of downs this year.

Reactions: 3 people
If Jumper starts vs. BG it's because the coaches think he's more fit to play than DK at the moment, not for any morale reasons. From a motivation standpoint I don't think that Jumper is exactly an AJ Johnson type, nor should our defense be lacking any morale at this point, especially against BG.

I would agree that for the first game motivation shouldn't be lacking but we have heard story after story of kids contemplating leaving the program. A story like jumper should help motivate many IMO

Didn't AJ start at MLBas a freshman?

AJ started at OLB and was continuously roasted....was literally way too slow.....Dooley had him waaaaay out of position........I remember being angry and almost crying about this......

Remember the game at Fayetteville his Freshman year and how badly the Vols got torched by the Hawgs?

VN Store

Back