roster updated; new additions to OL & DL

kamoshika

Official Football Roster - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

FWIW, we've added a couple of 6-6 freshmen OL walk-ons and DL Paul Bain, a transfer from Tusculum. Bain played at Hillgrove HS in Powder Springs, GA.
Paul Bain Highlights - Paul Bain highlights

Hard to find info on Bain but he was listed at 240 when he signed w/ Tusculum last year and his LinkedIn profile states:
"Hi, I play defensive line. I am 6'3 , 280lb and I also run a 4.8. I am a freshman at Tusculum College, I have played this season. I also took part in the JV program playing against numerous Juco programs accross the south, I have recorded a sacks and at least 2 tackles for losses in every game I have played. Which were 5 Juco games, unfortunately due to the cost of my school I am forced to leave this orginzation. I am looking to continue my college football experience, I have attached my senior year high school hilight tape to my profile. If interested feel free to contact me and I will get you film of my freshman year also in varsity and JV play"

Reactions: 12 people
11244554.jpeg

Paul Bain looks like he want to punch the camerman. I like him.

Reactions: 14 people
Jones needs to pull Blair's scholarship and use it on another tackle prospect. It is a disgrace to pay his schooling, meals, etc. when he has and continues to be a complete bust, ridiculous.

Reactions: 6 people
Jones needs to pull Blair's scholarship and use it on another tackle prospect. It is a disgrace to pay his schooling, meals, etc. when he has and continues to be a complete bust, ridiculous.

so all 2nd team players are busts? all 2nd string players need to pay their own way? or just him? you mad bro?

Reactions: 20 people
Paul Bain just sounds like a mean Mother. He looks like he would rip your head off with no reservations whatsoever.

I hate to agree with you because it does kill this kid college career, but you we need someone to replace him first. OL numbers is going down quick.

You might be only half joking or maybe you're completely serious, I dunno. Either way, I'm going to assume you are being serious and respond by saying that is a terrible idea.

One of the biggest things the students and families are fighting for is a guaranteed scholarship. I firmly believe that if an athletic program offers a scholarship to a student, that school should honor the scholarship until that player leaves either by graduating, transferring, or breaking rules. It's honestly completely unfair otherwise. The same concept applies to a student who gets injured and can't play. What should a team do? Pull their scholarship? Talk about unethical. If Blair were only a 3* JUCO guy, no one would be batting an eye about him not being in the rotation or not starting. But people think since he was rated 4 stars and was so highly touted, that he either plays a big role or he is some loser. It was our coaches who scouted him and thought he'd be a great fit. That hasn't worked out which seems to me a fault on the coaching staff for scouting improperly if anything. All scholarships should be honored, period. Otherwise, don't make the offer.

Reactions: 17 people
You might be only half joking or maybe you're completely serious, I dunno. Either way, I'm going to assume you are being serious and respond by saying that is a terrible idea.

One of the biggest things the students and families are fighting for is a guaranteed scholarship. I firmly believe that if an athletic program offers a scholarship to a student, that school should honor the scholarship until that player leaves either by graduating, transferring, or breaking rules. It's honestly completely unfair otherwise. The same concept applies to a student who gets injured and can't play. What should a team do? Pull their scholarship? Talk about unethical. If Blair were only a 3* JUCO guy, no one would be batting an eye about him not being in the rotation or not starting. But people think since he was rated 4 stars and was so highly touted, that he either plays a big role or he is some loser. It was our coaches who scouted him and thought he'd be a great fit. That hasn't worked out which seems to me a fault on the coaching staff for scouting improperly if anything. All scholarships should be honored, period. Otherwise, don't make the offer.

And yet when a player busts in the NFL he gets cut. I think scholarships are the equivalent of being payed at the college level.

I'm in band. If I practice and give poor effort my money is GONE. You gotta earn it.

VN Store

Back