MLB Down to Jumper and Kirkland

hbvol1982

#GBO 🍊
According to Coach Jancek, MLB is down to Jumper and Kirkland. Who'd a thunk it? What say you VolNation?

(sorry to steal volfanngatorland's thunder, he said it first in another thread).

Last edited:
Well, I'm excited for both young men! We've known they were both in the running for a while (LWS noted that Jumper was in the lead 2-3 weeks ago, and coaches were praising Kirkland from very early in fall camp), so it's not so surprising. But still exciting that they're lifting each other up, and Bynum and the others as well. Good on the position group in general! Go Vols!

Kirkland is probably more talented but Jumper had the benefit of spring practice.

Whoever starts will be good IMO

Impressive that Jumper is still in it...

Nothing sweeter than to watch a kid that "wants it" ..

Reactions: 1 person
Kirkland is probably more talented but Jumper had the benefit of spring practice.

Whoever starts will be good IMO

Didn't Jumper have the x2 advantage of a redshirt year last year too? I was thinking he walked on last year. Come and take a scholly young man, some of the others didn't seem too enthralled with theirs.

Either way sounds like we've got some smarts anchoring the D.

Reactions: 3 people
Was really hoping Bynum would be the guy to take the reigns early on (at least to help prepare Kirkland with the transition). Guess he really doesn't have the speed to start in this defense. They seem to be favoring guys who are better in coverage (this might also explain Bates move). Jumper has got to be the favorite to start G1. At least until the coaches feel more comfortable with Kirkland. All accounts from the staff indicate Kirkland is our guy going forward. The future is bright w/ that kid leading our LBs.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure Jumper willwin the job since he is the most likely to, you know, eat the souls of opposing players.

Was really hoping Bynum would be the guy to take the reigns early on (at least to help prepare Kirkland with the transition). Guess he really doesn't have the speed to start in this defense. They seem to be favoring guys who are better in coverage (this might also explain Bates move). Jumper has got to be the favorite to start G1. At least until the coaches feel more comfortable with Kirkland. All accounts from the staff indicate Kirkland is our guy going forward. The future is bright w/ that kid leading our LBs.

Why would Jumper be the favorite to start G1?

Been saying Jumper for a few months now. Feel free to check my stats on that. Some of yall thought I was crazy. It's always been Jumper. Sorry if that shocks you. He's good.

Been saying Jumper for a few months now. Feel free to check my stats on that. Some of yall thought I was crazy. It's always been Jumper. Sorry if that shocks you. He's good.

Better than Bynum maybe but better than Kirkland don't see it.

They will both get playing time--and the coaches will review tape and decide who plays better. What happened to Jakob Johnson, who I believe started in last year's bowl game, didn't he? Great size and apparently a good athlete, but obviously does not have the instincts, etc. to read and make plays.

VN Store

Back