O-linemen "considering future"

We know the "at least one" is Wiesman. And he has decided: he remains a Vol. That from LWS earlier today.

No idea who their "potentially" second might be...but since they're saying "potentially," all they have is rumor.

Sorry, don't have subscription.

Kendrick. Speculation is they are not happy with Jack Jones running with first team OG - OR BK feels he should be on the first five as OT, but this again is a speculative article to produce clicks IMO. Both have been dinged up

Last edited:
Possibly Austin Sanders? He could be anticipating being passed on the depth chart and pondering options for next season.

Edit: NM. Above post has the answer, though Kendrick would be nuts to bail. He'll play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Junior Dylan Wiesman and third-year sophomore Brett Kendrick are expected to be at practice Tuesday afternoon, multiple program sources told GoVols247 on Monday.

Kendrick. Speculation is they are not happy with Jack Jones running with first team OG - OR BK feels he should be on the first five as OT, but this again is a speculative article to produce clicks IMO. Both have been dinged up

Article says this or it's your speculation??

Kendrick and Wiesman, reportedly due to Jack Jones being in the mix already. Both are expected to stay for the time being, but are considering their futures.

Possibly Austin Sanders? He could be anticipating being passed on the depth chart and pondering options for next season.

Edit: NM. Above post has the answer, though Kendrick would be nuts to bail. He'll play.

Agree, he would be probably first in at any position except for LT and C. The next LT as it stands right now is Hall, if he stays healthy he will be a star. I'm assuming BK is flexible enough to jump in to those other spots, he had practiced at G recently.

Man we the fans don't need to know everything. Things like this happen with every team ever put together but in this media world we hear about it in this day and age.

Double edged sword the media is these days

Reactions: 9 people
It does encourage me a bit about the future of the Oline when freshman are already out playing the upper classmen. Kind of sucks for right now though.

If they're mad Jack Jones is earning his way to playing time, maybe they should try harder and stop being babies about it.

Reactions: 35 people
Okay, folks, nothing to see here. Move it along, all is well, go get lossed in some other thread. Move it on folks, move it on....

Reactions: 6 people
Is it just us or all programs football players jump the ship if they are not starting or what, seems like in the old days when you got benched you would get pissed off and work your azz off to become the starter, thats all we need 2 OL to jump ship 2 weeks before game day, dont they understand we will need 8 to 9 bodys to make it through the season.

Last edited:
I've heard that Butch is not a fan of Kendrick's attitude. Whether that affects his playing time, I do not know, but it seems odd that Kendrick isn't getting much of a shot at tackle.

I've heard that Butch is not a fan of Kendrick's attitude. Whether that affects his playing time, I do not know, but it seems odd that Kendrick isn't getting much of a shot at tackle.

the sacks will come in bunches with thomas at right tackle. that might make butch reconsider

Butch was not a fan of Dobbs at qb last season but had to play him and he did great. Looks like he is playing the same song verse two with Kendrick. Kendrick was the best tackle on the team at game time last year.

I think coach jones can be a really good coach. But sometime he does some really strange things!!!

Reactions: 6 people
Butch was not a fan of Dobbs at qb last season but had to play him and he did great. Looks like he is playing the same song verse two with Kendrick. Kendrick was the best tackle on the team at game time last year.

I think coach jones can be a really good coach. But sometime he does some really strange things!!!

Completely different situations. Not even close.

If they're mad Jack Jones is earning his way to playing time, maybe they should try harder and stop being babies about it.

This^^^. Butch has proven time and time again, if you're the best player, you will play regardless of age. Time to man up and beat the freshman out if they don't like it. I hope they do.

This^^^. Butch has proven time and time again, if you're the best player, you will play regardless of age. Time to man up and beat the freshman out if they don't like it. I hope they do.

kendrick and jack arent really competing for the same position. Wiesman and Jack are though

VN Store

Back