Only 5 black stripes lost?

skasper06

I'm not concerned or anything. I know fall camp was competitive. But what has the average been the last couple years during camp? This year we only had Kamara, Phillips, Tuttle, Jennings and Dormady shed their stripes this camp. No Kirkland yet or Khalil?

Last edited:
Good question. I wondered the same a couple days back. I'm sure a couple more may drop before opening day.

Reactions: 1 person
The players vote to remove stripes. Looks like the standard is higher at UT this year than it was the past couple seasons. I like it.

Maybe we are starting to gain some depth and CBJ has upped the ante on stripe removal

We are going to red shirt K-MAC.:eek:lol::All joking aside we are gaining depth and dont have to put a Freshmen in, other than the OL.:banghead2::

Last edited:
I'm not concerned or anything. I know fall camp was competitive. But what has the average been the last couple years during camp? This year we only had Kamara, Phillips, Tuttle, Jennings and Dormady shed their stripes this camp. No Kirkland yet or Khalil?

Woody Quinn wore his to graduation

Reactions: 10 people
It would seem a bit difficult to see Kirkland earning the starting MLB spot or Khalil earning a starting DT spot if they still have black stripes.

No inside information claimed here, BUT since those who have had their stripes removed were EEs, I have to think it has to do with minimum # of reps or something like that before stripes can be removed. Time in the trenches so to speak. Just a swag/some wild axxed guess.

Reactions: 2 people
Aren't we TRYING to play less Freshman? Hurry them into the 2-deep or 1st string?

I thought that was the point...

It would seem a bit difficult to see Kirkland earning the starting MLB spot or Khalil earning a starting DT spot if they still have black stripes.

They will get there's removed last, just because of who they are!!!! :dunno::hi:

VN Store

Back