Ask Siri her favorite CFB team....

Siri's favorite college football team plays on Rocky Top (VIDEO) | FOX Sports

Siri's favorite college football team plays on Rocky Top

FOX Sports

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:34a ET

010415-CFB-Tennessee-Volunteers-running-back-Jalen-Hurd-SS-PI.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg

Even Siri's apparently jumping on the Volunteers' bandwagon.

Tennessee is ranked in the preseason AP poll for the first time since 2008, and while human fans of the school are no doubt excited, the iPhone app is buzzing for the Vols as well.

Siri is said to be getting more knowledgeable as time passes, so it's no wonder the app has chosen to support the Big Orange, as they're one of the teams to watch in the SEC heading into this season.

Who knew that Siri bled orange?

Reactions: 2 people
So what happens when a fan of another team asks on their phone?

Maybe y'all have been hoodwinked?

Got the answer. Its based on who's 25th in College Football (last ranked) or in NFL or other based on the worst team in standings.

Siri Has Favorite Sports Teams, And Here They Are - AppleNAppsAppleNApps

Article from 2013: It turns out that the query, “What’s your favorite team?” brings up the standings in each respective league. From there, Siri picks the team at the bottom of the list, in true underdog fashion. In the MLB, the Astros are the worst team by far and away, while in college football Oregon St is 25th (in 2013) .

Last edited:
My Siri says, "I always like to root for the underdog. I guess that makes me a fan of Tennessee right now." My iPad displays the AP Top 25 as Siri begins to respond.

When we beat Oklahoma, then we will not be Siri's favorite team.

Reactions: 2 people
My Siri says, "I always like to root for the underdog. I guess that makes me a fan of Tennessee right now." My iPad displays the AP Top 25 as Siri begins to respond.

When we beat Oklahoma, then we will not be Siri's favorite team.

I think we will move up after we thrash BGSU. Not so much because it's impressive to do, but someone ranked ahead of us will end up losing on opening weekend.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back