OU names Baker Mayfield starter

With their new offense, he'll get 10 carries tops.

It's a true Hal Mumme air raid offense. Not like Briles or Sumlin's versions.

Hard to believe a kid with 200+ carries and 1700 yards not getting the ball. I guess we will see

Reactions: 10 people
How mobile is Baker Mayfield? I didn't see much of him while at Texas Tech but I know he was a good player.

This kid was a walk-on at Texas Tech and transferred to Oklahoma... Idk enough to comment on this kid, but OU may be in trouble if their best QB was once a walk-on... Pls tell me if my perception into this matter is orange shaded.

:crazy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This kid was a walk-on at Texas Tech and transferred to Oklahoma... Idk enogh to comment on this kid, but OU may be in trouble if their best QB was once a walk-on... Pls tell me if my perception into this matter is orange shaded.

It is.

Keep in mind Oklahoma beat us with the QB that Mayfield won the starting job over. He's legitimate.

Reactions: 10 people
Hard to believe a kid with 200+ carries and 1700 yards not getting the ball. I guess we will see

I agree and that was not even as a full season as starter. I think he is much better than people are giving him credit for. He is a beast and is the most underestimated player we will face.
But I'd LOVE for OU to only run 10 times and I bet Butch and crew would take that as well.

This kid was a walk-on at Texas Tech and transferred to Oklahoma... Idk enogh to comment on this kid, but OU may be in trouble if their best QB was once a walk-on... Pls tell me if my perception into this matter is orange shaded.

As a walk on he was named Big12 Freshman offensive player of the year in 2013.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think we'll blow them out that bad! Wouldn't hurt my feelings if we did though.

I'll take 28-27, 14-13, 3-2.... no way I'd predict a blowout win after getting handled by 24 last year and the studs they return. I'll take a 1 point win and be happy.

Reactions: 5 people

he's really really slow. watch him play rather than simply reading the box score. he benefitted from playing against weak big 12 defenses. his game against kansas was especially embrassing to watch. i doubt they could've got kahlil mckenzie if we decided to give sweeps that day. very bad defense.

With their new offense, he'll get 10 carries tops.

It's a true Hal Mumme air raid offense. Not like Briles or Sumlin's versions.

Riley was reasonably balanced last year at East Carolina...that's what Stoops hired.

Reactions: 1 person
he's really really slow. watch him play rather than simply reading the box score. he benefitted from playing against weak big 12 defenses. his game against kansas was especially embrassing to watch. i doubt they could've got kahlil mckenzie if we decided to give sweeps that day. very bad defense.

I recall watching him last year vs Tennessee....9 carries for 67 yards, 7.4 a pop.

Doubt he's "slow". Nfldraftscout.com says he's a 4.6 guy who has run as low as 4.48...not bad for a 240lb runningback.

Samaje Perine*|*Oklahoma,*RB*:*2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

VN Store

Back