The Jacob Gilliam Story: "My All"

He gave his all, as a fan I wish I could thank him for the effort.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow that was awesome!! Thanks for posting that. Just goes to show you can accomplish so much with a little help from the man upstairs and some hard work and dedication.

Reactions: 3 people
Great story and a VFL, but I'd sure like to see some 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round draft picks playing on the Oline from here on out........enough of the walkon Oline success stories.........Vols need talented, athletic and mean sob's upfront on the Oline

Awesome! Thanks for posting this.

Unreal how poorly this board sometimes views walk ons! Hope viewing this makes us think twice before we post disparaging remarks about our kids

Reactions: 7 people
Powerful stuff. Awesome testimony of a kid who worked his butt off and earned everything he got while at UT.

Seems like a guy with a bright future now that football is over. Great ambassador for the university. Definition of a VFL

Reactions: 2 people
Great video. Difference in the kids that come the TN to play football and the kids who give their all to TN when they play football.

The Gilliam's are a great family. My son played with Jacobs little brother Nate at Farragut. He's at Wake Forest now.

Every team needs 3 or 4 Jacobs on it. A core group of instate guys that absolutely bleed Orange, and can make the rest of the team feel it.

Reactions: 3 people
The Gilliam's are a great family. My son played with Jacobs little brother Nate at Farragut. He's at Wake Forest now.

Every team needs 3 or 4 Jacobs on it. A core group of instate guys that absolutely bleed Orange, and can make the rest of the team feel it.

Agreed.:good!:

Last edited:
Whenever a walk on earns a scholarship to play football at UT, Coach Jones should present it as The Jacob Gilliam Scholarship Fund.

Agreed.:good!:

Seconded. Jack Jones is carrying Jacob Gillam's torch now, another with a great big ole orange heart.

You can never have too many fine young men like this on your team!

Another great success story that I wish all young kids could know about and learn from.

Prayer is powerful.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back