Reeves Maybin helping Kirkland develop

I absolutely hate D Kirkland getting injured during strength training after being a EE, but to his credit, he never let up preparing himself. I remember reading in the early part of this year, him correcting a veteran on missing a question about a play, Darrin had apparently already memorized the play book. :)

I personally think the middle linebacking group is in good hands with the entire group IMO. Darrin is a natural for the position.

Bring it Darren Kirkland. We're gonna be in good shape at MLB this year. By mid year DK should be real comfortable. And if he's beaten out for starter, then that's even better for us.

I have confidence in him performing the role if given the opportunity.

I absolutely hate D Kirkland getting injured during strength training after being a EE, but to his credit, he never let up preparing himself. I remember reading in the early part of this year, him correcting a veteran on missing a question about a play, Darrin had apparently already memorized the play book. :)

I personally think the middle linebacking group is in good hands with the entire group IMO. Darrin is a natural for the position.

Why do you hate D Kirkland? That's crazy!!!

/blue font

Reactions: 2 people
I really like how JRM plays the game. If Kirkland is going to learn to play LB in the SEC what better of a teacher can you get than JRM on and off the field.

Favorite part of the article...that's leadership you just can't coach/teach.

A connection between the two linebackers started during the recruiting process, when Reeves-Maybin mailed Kirkland a handwritten letter offering to give him his No. 34 jersey if Kirkland signed with the Vols. Kirkland, moved by the letter and already strongly considering Tennessee, accepted Reeves-Maybin’s offer, and the Vols’ leading returning tackler switched to the No. 21 jersey heading into his junior season.

Reactions: 2 people
JRM is a true team first player and is very mature for his age. Don't know too many players that would give up their number for a recruit or in coming freshman. JRM is a true leader and wants to keep the talent coming to UT. Big props to you young man!!!!

VN Store

Back