Phillips fine with Barnett comparisons

kamoshika

He's quickly shown the Vols why beating out Ole Miss and LSU to land him was so important.

"He can flat-out run. He has a tenacity about himself," Vols coach Butch Jones said. "He plays with a relentless approach to get to the football, and he's really been challenged by Derek and Curt. I think he watches their style of play, and he wants that. He wants to do well. He's a very smart player, and he has very good instincts as well.

"He has some God-given ability in terms of just stature. When you look at his size, you look at his frame, you look at his length and the ability to make himself skinny and small coming off the edge, the burst on his get-off — we're very encouraged and excited about him."

Tennessee freshman Kyle Phillips fine with Derek Barnett comparisons | Local News | Times Free Press

Reactions: 13 people
Future All-American and first round draft choice. I predict he'll have at least 5 sacks this year coming off of the bench.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Barnett is the best DE in the country. If Phillips is as good, we'll have 1a and 1b and maybe even 1a and 1b DTs with Shy and KMac! Two weeks can't come fast enough

Reactions: 2 people
we'll have the consensus best d-line in America next season

DE - Derek Barnett
DT - Shy Tuttle
DT - Kahlil McKenzie
DE - Kyle Phillips

5 star d-line.

Reactions: 9 people
we'll have the consensus best d-line in America next season

DE - Derek Barnett
DT - Shy Tuttle
DT - Kahlil McKenzie
DE - Kyle Phillips

5 star d-line.

I predict that by the end of this season we will see this D-line with JRM and Maggitt at LB in the 4-2-5 alignment. QB's beware the Orange Crush is coming to get you!

Reactions: 1 person
He's 1 of our next all SEC and All Americans.

I doubt he'll stay for 4 years but I sure wish he would.

We may lose Curt after this season but Kyle will step right in and keep our production just as good or better.

This kid is really going to surprise lots of people this year but next year every team will have to try to game plan for him and he still won't be stopped.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Is anyone else being asked to create an account on the TFP website? I can't read the article.

VN Store

Back