Butch vs Media

VolnJC

Lots of talk on Twitter and sports radio about the school's policy on releasing injury information. Rucker and Patrick Brown said that if they got confirmation they would release it..where Heather didn't mention Gaulden at all on the radio this morning, Mickey gave her credit for "marking out" some of her notes.

They way I see it is the info is going to get out so Butch should let the media guys do their job instead of trying to control it through the "preferred" outlets..namely Volquest and WNML/WIVK

Patrick Brown ‏@patrickbrownTFP · 3h3 hours ago
If there's a rumor out (and that's where it starts) we chase it. It's our job to confirm/report it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
These scholarship athletes are not employed, professional athletes of the NFL. We are not entitled to every detail of their lives up to and including the exact time and nature of injuries. Wes Rucker can go piss and moan to somebody who cares...which is to a mirror because no one else does.

Reactions: 38 people
didnt he try that with the whole North injury fiasco?

think that was one young startup trying to make a name for himself that got lazely picked up by national outlets..I don't think the guys like Rucker, Brown, or Hyams mentioned it.

Lots of talk on Twitter and sports radio about the school's policy on releasing injury information. Rucker and Patrick Brown said that if they got confirmation they would release it..where Heather didn't mention Gaulden at all on the radio this morning, Mickey gave her credit for "marking out" some of her notes.

They way I see it is the info is going to get out so Butch should let the media guys do their job instead of trying to control it through the "preferred" outlets..namely Volquest and WNML/WIVK

Butch is just doing his job!!!

Reactions: 1 person
When all the blogger and internet wannabees start reporting responsibly, maybe Butch will back off. I'm with him.

If there's a rumor out (and that's where it starts) we chase it. It's our job to confirm/report it.

Its really no one's business outside of the athletic department, fans included. I mean is it really going to effect your life that much to not know if Gaulden has a broken foot or not? No its not and if it does your are trying to much to involve yourself in that young mans life.

Reactions: 8 people

No he should not allow the media to report on every little thing that they THINK is going on. Which is rumor, which is what happened with North.

Its really no one's business outside of the athletic department, fans included. I mean is it really going to effect your life that much to not know if Gaulden has a broken foot or not? No its not and if it does your are trying to much to involve yourself in that young mans life.

yes, but rumors will still get out there and make it's way into social media..which is exactly why if the professionals call over there they should confirm before speculation turns to outrageous rumors..I think Twain said it best

0171f4b5f4688d156be93fbcfb06e4ce.jpg

Butch will announce injuries once he and the training staff has a full prognosis of the injury. To announce anything sooner would be ignorant.

Reactions: 7 people
Chuck Cavilaris was about to tears he was so mad talking about this on the radio today. I love hearing them whine about it.

Chuck Cavilaris was about to tears he was so mad talking about this on the radio today. I love hearing them whine about it.

if Butch wants to shut them all down and run them out of business that's fine...but it's fairly obvious to me that they have preferred outlets and leak news to them

Reactions: 2 people
i think the media in general doesn't respect the "process" Butch and the team doctors have to find out first, then comes whatever conversation with the player. probably a phone call to the parents. planning on what to do with the injury. and then report. if the media gets a sniff half way through they should respect that things need to run their course before any reports come out.

This is just the beginning. Eventually the only information on practice will only come from UT or a paid source. Keep kissing Butchs rear people. Total control over what comes out this program will be the ut sports webpage and the sec network. The only footage of practice will be two minute snippets nothing else will be shown. Kim Jung Butch has sucked you in.:cool2:

Reactions: 6 people
Butch should choose his arguments wisely. For recruiting and just general pr, he should want the media to like him. And it makes no sense for him to try keeping injury reports under wraps this time of year. I get it if it's mid week, game week. But obviously it's not.

Reactions: 4 people

Actually, there exist laws that protect medical information concerning anyone, and I believe it is absolutely the right thing to do by CBJ. Family should be notified first and the players own the right to release the information, they are treading on thin ice by reporting medical information without a release. These kids could pursue legal action.

Abraham-Lincoln-Quotes.jpg

I understand that they think it is their jobs to report things (nature of the business), but they also need to understand the concept of not biting the hand that feeds them. They gripe and moan about only being able to watch a little bit of practice.....how are they going to feel if they get locked out all together for reporting stuff that they didn't want to get out.

This is just the beginning. Eventually the only information on practice will only come from UT or a paid source. Keep kissing Butchs rear people. Total control over what comes out this program will be the ut sports webpage and the sec network. The only footage of practice will be two minute snippets nothing else will be shown. Kim Jung Butch has sucked you in.:cool2:

And I'm completely ok with that. All I am concerned about seeing (as a fan) is a little more than 3 hours every Saturday. That is what counts and whatever he thinks he needs to do to make that 3+ hours successful I am ok with.

Reactions: 8 people
Injuries will be a bonus for our opponent's this year, at least that's my take because CBJ seems to think its time to real it in. Media I'm ok not knowing until its confirmed, just be warned it maybe your job the other side of that is not to be invited to the UT property to view or report...its their choice.

View attachment 98165

I understand that they think it is their jobs to report things (nature of the business), but they also need to understand the concept of not biting the hand that feeds them. They gripe and moan about only being able to watch a little bit of practice.....how are they going to feel if they get locked out all together for reporting stuff that they didn't want to get out.

yes but the bigger issue is this..they are trying to control the message by releasing info to the outlets that agree to play by their rules..you might not like John Adams but you could always be sure that he was not a puppet to the program

I applaud Butch for this, media members will complain but they caused it. The media threw VP name out for sexual assault and he was never charged. They blew the North injury out of proportion and Butch didn't like that at all. Instead of just throwing things against the wall and hope they stick maybe these so called journalist, bloggers and radio personalities should do some solid investigating on an actual story

fine by me. As long as its the truth. Tired of how these lame reporters run with everything. They dont respect the players or the staff at all.

yes but the bigger issue is this..they are trying to control the message by releasing info to the outlets that agree to play by their rules..you might not like John Adams but you could always be sure that he was not a puppet to the program

Are your defending the media to release what ever information they want, regardless of the sensitivity? I am willing to bet you would not want you personal information broadcasted. The freedom of speech is not a free for all, it suppose to be managed responsibly, by everyone. I am beginning to think that media, especially John Adams, feels their entitled. He is a hack...and this is my opinion, also I heard he use to be woman, but that has not been confirmed by his camp...but it could be true.

I applaud Butch for this, media members will complain but they caused it. The media threw VP name out for sexual assault and he was never charged. They blew the North injury out of proportion and Butch didn't like that at all. Instead of just throwing things against the wall and hope they stick maybe these so called journalist, bloggers and radio personalities should do some solid investigating on an actual story

bingo....dont blame butch

VN Store

Back