"The same injury that Marcus Jackson had"

TNinOR

Blood = Orange HEX F77F00
Austin Sanders becomes the second offensive linemen to be lost for the season -- both due to a relatively rare injury to the biceps tendon.

I don't want to be negative and I know that even two such injuries does not necessarily indicate a pattern (three certainly would, imo), but the question has to be asked, and because I trust Coach Jones, I know he will be asking it:

Is there something about the current practice environment for offensive linemen that is exposing that particular tendon to too much stress?

If so, it is either a particular drill, or else a combination of drills is causing too much cumulative stress. But like I said, I trust that Coach Jones and staff will be taking a closer look at the possibility.

Reactions: 2 people
Who knows. Between workouts, and having to constantly practice and get pushed around by what will be one of the best defensive lines in CFB this year, it may be to much on them. Just speculating.

Reactions: 1 person
Look at the weird technique you see them employing all the time. Essentially trying to lift the block. I remember o linemen pushing and driving blocks. This is squat and lift. Watch how effective this has been against the likes of McKenzie.
Mosley, who hasn't adopted this retarded method has stalemated KM on more than one occasion.

Look at the weird technique you see them employing all the time. Essentially trying to lift the block. I remember o linemen pushing and driving blocks. This is squat and lift. Watch how effective this has been against the likes of McKenzie.
Mosley, who hasn't adopted this retarded method has stalemated KM on more than one occasion.

just stop lol. If you played any type of organized football you would know using hands are a must as a lineman and the importance of leverage.

Reactions: 6 people

You have got to be kidding.

Is there something about the current practice environment for offensive linemen that is exposing that particular tendon to too much stress?

Yes. Our D-line.

But seriously, you have to wonder a bit if that strong D-line is just putting the punishment on our O-line. Of course, injuries can happen any time. It does suck that we seem to be accumulating injuries at our weakest position group. At least we have more depth than last year, but could still prove problematic. It's sort of like we're starting over again, as we'll likely have to play some True Freshmen now.

Yes. Our D-line.

But seriously, you have to wonder a bit if that strong D-line is just putting the punishment on our O-line. Of course, injuries can happen any time. It does suck that we seem to be accumulating injuries at our weakest position group. At least we have more depth than last year, but could still prove problematic. It's sort of like we're starting over again, as we'll likely have to play some True Freshmen now.

4-5 star highly sought after freshman... not walk on freshman from surrounding knoxville high schools like the past 5 season. we should be fine (hopefully). break em in early vs BG

Hahahaha hahahaha. Good one! That should make the VN "Come on Man"!

How many times do I have to tell you guys that BRAD IS WATCHING US! With the new media clampdown Butch has slapped on them, he'll be scouring VolNation harder than ever, trying to find some new lie...erm...made-up story...erm... idiocy to report.

We have to throw him off the track. Quick! Post some cheerleader pics or something!

Attachments

• 1385426476332706474.gif
    1385426476332706474.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 272
4-5 star highly sought after freshman... not walk on freshman from surrounding knoxville high schools like the past 5 season. we should be fine (hopefully). break em in early vs BG

Not the same as a 4 or 5 star Wide Receiver or Running Back, though. The reason there are very few true Freshmen O-linemen is because it's a developmental position. Very difficult, even for the best prospects, to come in and perform well immediately. Whereas, true Freshman RBs are pretty common these days.

At this point, though, it's starting to look like guys like Jack Jones and Drew Richmond will end up being our best options, even with a lack of experience. Unfortunately, even if they have spectacular potential, they are going to struggle a bit this early. The upside: they'll be much better prepared next year.

The O-line is the main reason I'm not buying into some of the extreme hype right now. I think we'll have a solid season, but OL struggles will still hold us back against teams like Alabama, Georgia, and Florida; i.e. teams that have strong enough D-lines to exploit our weakness.

How many times do I have to tell you guys that BRAD IS WATCHING US! With the new media clampdown Butch has slapped on them, he'll be scouring VolNation harder than ever, trying to find some new lie...erm...made-up story...erm... idiocy to report.

We have to throw him off the track. Quick! Post some cheerleader pics or something!

Cannot have decent pics of Tennessee women . it seems some woman got offended . I fully support your other positions .

Not the same as a 4 or 5 star Wide Receiver or Running Back, though. The reason there are very few true Freshmen O-linemen is because it's a developmental position. Very difficult, even for the best prospects, to come in and perform well immediately. Whereas, true Freshman RBs are pretty common these days.

At this point, though, it's starting to look like guys like Jack Jones and Drew Richmond will end up being our best options, even with a lack of experience. Unfortunately, even if they have spectacular potential, they are going to struggle a bit this early. The upside: they'll be much better prepared next year.

The O-line is the main reason I'm not buying into some of the extreme hype right now. I think we'll have a solid season, but OL struggles will still hold us back against teams like Alabama, Georgia, and Florida; i.e. teams that have strong enough D-lines to exploit our weakness.

Solid point. The O line is the hardest position to fill as terms of players coming in ready to play. I think that is multiplied in the SEC where teams here are getting the best of the best in terms of speed and power at critical positions like OLB, DE and DT.

If you have two players with turf toe should we change the turf? Can't wait until the season starts so people can stop over analyzing every injury that happens in two's. C'MON MAN!

New oline coach imo

I have seen a man rip his bicep off the bone, my old training partner was doing preacher curls with a fairly low weight, next thing I heard was a loud pop sounded like a shotgun, he then immediately threw up, grabbed his keys and told me to drive him to the er. You could see the muscle rolled up all the way to his shoulder it was gross, he said it was the worst pain he ever had. Now the problem with the bicep is it is a tricky surgery, and my friends didn't heal back right. The doctors told him there was only so much they can do and his chance of re injuring the muscle was much greater. Hopefully the can patch Mr. Sanders up right and he will be good as new.

VN Store

Back