1998 season

cwbytruckers

I'm watching the 98 Florida game. Man Neyland was rocking. I'm guessing we see that fire against Oklahoma from the crowd. But looking back we got lucky in that game. That first Florida fumble really looked like he was down. We need some of that luck this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Ahh.. 1998.

clint_stoerner_3_crop_340x234.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I was there :rock:

People camped outside the UC for their FREE student tickets that week.

Grabbed mine for 10 bucks from some lady who had to leave. :rock:

I'm watching the 98 Florida game. Man Neyland was rocking. I'm guessing we see that fire against Oklahoma from the crowd. But looking back we got lucky in that game. That first Florida fumble really looked like he was down. We need some of that luck this year.

Oh look. Another Tennessee "fan" who thinks he has to apologize for "his" team going undefeated and winning the National Championship.

That was a team that simply refused to lose. Their will to win was stronger than every opponent and they were not going to lose any game they played that year.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh look. Another Tennessee "fan" who thinks he has to apologize for "his" team going undefeated and winning the National Championship.

That was a team that simply refused to lose. Their will to win was stronger than every opponent and they were not going to lose any game they played that year.

Exactly. Luck had nothing to do with any win that season. They were just a great team and proved it on the field.

If you are talking about the Terry Jackson fumble which was recovered by Raynoch Thompson in the end zone then you have to be kidding me. He wasn't even close to being down. He wasn't even on the way down. I suggest you take another look. That's just ridiculous!

As for being lucky...was it lucky to lose our leading rusher Jamal Lewis vs Auburn with over half the season still to play? That team overcame adversity and went undefeated (unlike Florida ever has). We didn't need any other team to lose at the end like Florida needed Arizona St to lose the Rose Bowl in '96 or LSU (with two losses) needed West Virginia to lose to Pitt in '07 and we didn't split the vote like LSU did with USC in '03. We won because we were the best team and only undefeated team (besides Tulane who played nobody). Threads like this make me want to puke.

Reactions: 5 people
Exactly. Luck had nothing to do with any win that season. They were just a great team and proved it on the field.

BS. Arkansas fumble. Florida fumble at the goal line. The Florida missed FG IN OT. The Tennessee Martin to Price TD pass. Luck had a hell of a lot to do with it.

Reactions: 4 people
If you are talking about the Terry Jackson fumble which was recovered by Raynoch Thompson in the end zone then you have to be kidding me. He wasn't even close to being down. He wasn't even on the way down. I suggest you take another look. That's just ridiculous!

As for being lucky...was it lucky to lose our leading rusher Jamal Lewis vs Auburn with over half the season still to play? That team overcame adversity and went undefeated (unlike Florida ever has). We didn't need any other team to lose at the end like Florida needed Arizona St to lose the Rose Bowl in '96 or LSU (with two losses) needed West Virginia to lose to Pitt in '07 and we didn't split the vote like LSU did with USC in '03. We won because we were the best team and only undefeated team (besides Tulane who played nobody). Threads like this make me want to puke.
then go ahead and puke. If you don't like what I have to say. Don't freaking read it.

Apologize???? Who the hell is apologizing. I swear some of you are idiots who can't go through your day without drama.

Reactions: 4 people

I am. And I backed it up and watched the replay a few times. It was closer than you think. I wouldn't have wanted to take our chances with replay that's for sure.

Not a lot of VFLs expecting a natty before that season. The UF monkey and Nebraska Cornhusking had us pretty tempered in that "rebuilding year" LOL.

We shoulda paid more attention to that TD drive put together by that backup QB in the Orange Bowl. :)

Pretty sure UT needed Kansas State and UCLA to lose, which they did.

VN Store

Back