Option for cable cutters and football season...

Orange_Crush

I'm Dr. Rosen Rosen
For all the cable cutters out there who will need to watch Vols football, SlingTV is $20 a month, $5 extra for sports package which gives you SEC Network. You can get it by the month, no contract. It's a basic cable package that streams over internet: PC, Mac, smart phone, roku, fire, etc...

They have a special now where they'll give you a free fire [edit: Roku, not fire] stick if you prepay for three months.

I am not affiliated or connected with them at all. Just a long time cable cutter and recent Sling customer.

https://www.sling.com/devices/roku

Sorry if this is spam, but figured it may cut down on all of the last minute 'where can I stream?' threads.

Last edited:
Yes, Sling has been amazing. $30 a month and I get all the ESPN channels and my kids cartoon channels. Between this, Netflix and Hulu, absolutely the way to go.

Reactions: 2 people
I have Sling and it is awesome. Using 25mbs internet through ATT. Only problem is no CBS and ABC. However depending on where you live CBS all access may allow you to stream live CBS through a roku or similar device. Working on making sure I have an antenna set up by kickoff weekend.

My issue is comcast is my only provider and i think they force you to buy a package (tv+internet). Meaning i couldnt find a month to month internet provider

Reactions: 1 person
My issue is comcast is my only provider and i think they force you to buy a package (tv+internet). Meaning i couldnt find a month to month internet provider

I would check their website. When I was looking at dropping ATT all together I was just going to buy Comcast Internet because they had good internet only deals but they make it hard for you to find on their website.

I checked their website. Look for their performance internet deal. $39.00

Last edited:
Could you explain how this works please?

open source file sharing torrents..but nothing is downloaded to your computer..similar to Justin.tv

you can be safe and just download what comes with the app or more of a chance if you download 3rd party addons..ppl can literally watch movies that are still in theaters if they download certain addons..heck the other day I watched Polish auto racing and the Chinese pingpong championship :)..Kodi itself is safe and available in the Google store..Amazon took it out of its store
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodi_(software)
statement from Kodi about Amazon and Google
Kodi Available on Google Play, Not on Amazon | Kodi

Last edited:
I've read some negative reviews regarding the sound quality with Sling TV. Have any of you had any issues with sound, or any other issues? I've been considering making the switch for a while now. I really like Charter, just too expensive. Thanks in advance.

I've read some negative reviews regarding the sound quality with Sling TV. Have any of you had any issues with sound, or any other issues? I've been considering making the switch for a while now. I really like Charter, just too expensive. Thanks in advance.

Sound not terrible from my experience. Have had for about 3 weeks now. I can't even tell a difference. I was able to borrow a roku for a few days and do the free trial.

Only sound issue I have had is when it's just buffering it's a little less quality however that lasts about 3-4 seconds then it's perfect. That was using my friends roku 2 during my free trial. I opted for roku 3 when he wanted his roku back and haven't had the problem.

I have Sling and it is awesome. Using 25mbs internet through ATT. Only problem is no CBS and ABC. However depending on where you live CBS all access may allow you to stream live CBS through a roku or similar device. Working on making sure I have an antenna set up by kickoff weekend.

Games broadcast by CBS have been available online at cbssports dot com.

I got Sling TV + SEC network package just to watch the games this year. So far its been working well, and I haven't had any issues with the sound. Sometimes its a bit choppy, but I suppose this depends on your internet speed. I have a 20Mbps connection and it seems to work well most of the time.

However, I've heard that problems start when a game is on and there are tons of connections.. thats when things might get really choppy. So I suppose I should be telling you that Sling TV sucks and stay away so I can watch my precious game in peace!!

I would make sure that your bandwidth will support it. We live in rural Maine, and the only cable provider around won't run a hard line out to our town. So, we're stuck with satellite internet; slow as molasses. Luckily, however, we at least have Direct TV so I can watch my Vols shock the SEC every Saturday. GBO!

You can try sling tv free for 7 days .I've had it since it came out works good for me

I have SlingTV with the sports option and it works great here in Missouri. Look it up at slingtv.com for those interested.

AntennaWeb - Home Go to that website to see where and how far the broadcast points are in your area. You'll need an antenna for games on abc, fox, nbc, and cbs... However someone mentioned cbs steams the games, I don't know if that's true. Also you might need a large antenna to pick up those channels. The one I need to view all the channels mentioned above cost me $80. But the one you need will depend how close/far you live to the broadcast points. I also had to hang mine in a window about 15 feet away from the TV. We had to run a cable from the antenna to the TV and that is where my wife freaked out and I decided to get cable again. Plus I didn't enjoy sling TV. No dvr, the format wasn't good I wanted the ease of cable. I'm all for saving money and I suggest if this is a viable option you do it, but it wasn't right for me.

AntennaWeb - Home Go to that website to see where and how far the broadcast points are in your area. You'll need an antenna for games on abc, fox, nbc, and cbs... However someone mentioned cbs steams the games, I don't know if that's true. Also you might need a large antenna to pick up those channels. The one I need to view all the channels mentioned above cost me $80. But the one you need will depend how close/far you live to the broadcast points. I also had to hang mine in a window about 15 feet away from the TV. We had to run a cable from the antenna to the TV and that is where my wife freaked out and I decided to get cable again. Plus I didn't enjoy sling TV. No dvr, the format wasn't good I wanted the ease of cable. I'm all for saving money and I suggest if this is a viable option you do it, but it wasn't right for me.

Absolute best picture quality. No buffering, very little compression, but only works when games are broadcast (ABC,CBS,NBC, FOX).

VN Store

Back