1995 Citrus Bowl

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIT-uvtSIPQ[/youtube]

Still one of my favorite games. That Ohio State offense was simply LOADED with NFL talent but we held them to just 14 points including a goal line stand where Bill Duff stop George short of the endzone.

Awwww memories.

Reactions: 9 people
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIT-uvtSIPQ[/youtube]

Still one of my favorite games. That Ohio State offense was simply LOADED with NFL talent but we held them to just 14 points including a goal line stand where Bill Duff stop George short of the endzone.

Awwww memories.

20 damn years, man it fly"s.

Reactions: 2 people
Damn I'm old

Haha it happens man. I barely remember the days of our domination. My grandpa is a vols fan and he Taught me the right ways. I am a vol fan for life. My dad was a Bama fan :( he passed away in February from a very tough battle with a rare disease, Transverse Myelitis and Devics disease ( basically the same thing). Vols will always be my team no matter what. GO VOLS

This is where I guess I can use the SEC excuse "we weren't motivated " card. You know the one used down south when you don't perform well in bowl game because you felt you should have played in a better bowl. That was another year we lost to Michigan as a favorite that cost us the Rose Bowl and a shot at a national title.

Also just for accuracy sake it was the '96 Citrus Bowl.

Last edited:
This is where I guess I can use the SEC excuse "we weren't motivated " card. You know the one used down south when you don't perform in a well in bowl game because you felt you should have played in a better bowl. That was another year we lost to Michigan as a favorite that cost us the Rose Bowl and a shot at a national title.

Only took y'all 10+ years to get motivated vs SEC in bowl games, huh?

Reactions: 5 people
Traded up my tickets to my boss at the time, 50 yard line seats in the Orlando Sentinel section, I still remember those chants of Eddie who?? in the stands for their Heisman trophy winner.. Lmao, poor Eddie George.

Reactions: 1 person
This is where I guess I can use the SEC excuse "we weren't motivated " card. You know the one used down south when you don't perform well in bowl game because you felt you should have played in a better bowl. That was another year we lost to Michigan as a favorite that cost us the Rose Bowl and a shot at a national title.

Couldn't Tennessee have said the same thing? Both teams were 10-1 and both teams had been passed over by the Orange Bowl for Notre Dame. The excuse John Cooper leaned on had something to do with our cleats being too long. Even more lame.

Reactions: 2 people
Couldn't Tennessee have said the same thing? Both teams were 10-1 and both teams had been passed over by the Orange Bowl for Notre Dame. The excuse John Cooper leaned on had something to do with our cleats being too long. Even more lame.

Oh I agree....different circumstances though no? Ohio State lost last game of regular season ranked #2. I am assuming Tennessee lost to Florida like the 3rd game.

Pretty sure Ohio State didn't get passed over for Orange Bowl. That was before BCS era and if you didn't make Rose the Citrus was the next slotted bowl.

I only said that because the SEC is the king of finding reasons why they lost bowl games. Just trying to fit in here.

Oh I agree....different circumstances though no? Ohio State lost last game of regular season ranked #2. I am assuming Tennessee lost to Florida like the 3rd game.

Pretty sure Ohio State didn't get passed over for Orange Bowl. That was before BCS era and if you didn't make Rose the Citrus was the next slotted bowl.

I only said that because Alabama is the king of finding reasons why they lost bowl games. Just trying to fit in here.

fyp

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back