Dobbs TDs

BigMASS

Over/under 37 total TDs for Dobbs this season. With two 5* in the backfield . Host of WRs. Pig, North, Malone (looked great at the OP), Smith, Von, Jennings, Williams, and Croom. And a potential all-sec 2nd team TE in Wolf.

I'm taking OVER

Reactions: 1 person
Over/under 37 total TDs for Dobbs this season. With two 5* in the backfield . Host of WRs. Pig, North, Malone (looked great at the OP), Smith, Von, Jennings, Williams, and Croom. And a potential all-sec 2nd team TE in Wolf.

I'm taking OVER

Hm. I think right around there is right. I could see 5-6 rushing TDs and 29-31 passing. So, I'd have to say under, or right at 37.

Rushing and Passing? He had 17 in 6 games last year (including the bowl) so I would say Over as well

He had 8 rushing TDs last year and played less than half of the season

While playing with a decimated WR core, a worse o-line, and one healthy (freshman) RB. I guarantee Dobbs doesn't run half as much this year. They'll try to keep him healthy and spread the ball around more.

Reactions: 2 people
That's probably accurate. I would imagine 3 Td's a game would be probably accurate for Dobbs, but you gotta think he has a couple 4 and maybe a 5 td game. So I'd probably say 42

As previously posted last season which ended on Jan 2, 2015 Dobbs had 17 total TDs, if we do the math at 1% better every day through the NCG on Jan 11, 2016 Dobbs will have 702 TDs this season. Math don't lie. :)

Reactions: 2 people
While playing with a decimated WR core, a worse o-line, and one healthy (freshman) RB. I guarantee Dobbs doesn't run half as much this year. They'll try to keep him healthy and spread the ball around more.

Managing Dobb's carries is sure to be something the coaches have planned, same for all skill position players. Not sure we will see a reduction in Dobbs CPG. Dobbs ability to run is what made him so dangerous. I see no way we don't utilize his best skill. Even with improved accuracy, Dobbs scores and make too many plays running to significantly reduce snaps.

Using some math and stats:

2014: 9 passing TDs and 8 rushing TDs in 6 games.

2015: assume Josh plays in 12 of the 13 games. So double the 2014 numbers: that's 18 passing TDs and 16 rushing TDs.

But we'll be better in 2015, let's say 10% better: so 20 passing TDs and 18 rushing TDs.

But with twice as many top-tier RBs as last year, we might see Josh run the ball significantly less in the red zone; so reduce the 18 rushing TDs by 25% ... so 14 rushing TDs.

20 passing TDs + 14 rushing TDs = 34 total.

I'm going with under. But just slightly under.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back