1st game: need to be more impressed with...?

Other_Guy

foolishFool
The offense or defense heading into the Oklahoma game?
With the OL woes and uncertainty with the WRs (and overall offensive struggles last year) I'm still more interested in how the defense comes together.
I.have faith in the 3 headed monster to keep us in the game unlike last year even against a good D, but I'm really hoping the interior can stop their rushin attack. I like OBrien a lot but KMac and Tuttle needs to be ready fast against their OL. So I'm looking most forward to what they do vs BGU.
Also a side note, heard that the comet that sent a meteor shower the other night is named Swift Tuttle. I.couldn't help but think of Shy.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly. would settle for a worry free win with zero injuries and keep it vanilla as possible, showing nothing..like a 24 to 0 game where entire second and third team play as well.

Reactions: 3 people
rush-n-attack-usa.png

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly. would settle for a worry free win with zero injuries and keep it vanilla as possible, showing nothing..like a 24 to 0 game where entire second and third team play as well.

Agree, but the posters on the BG message board won't like your post. Wait......is there a BG message board?

offensive play selection.
He's our guy, but I want to see how he differs from Coach "Jake".

Or throw everything but the kitchen sink at BGSU and give OK coaches a lot of different looks to plan for

Agree 100%

I look at it this way:

Last year, some were predicting that we would lose in game 1 to a dangerous Utah State team. Instead of struggling, we laid a 38 - 7 beat down on them. This only proves that we cannot assume what kind of effort we will show against Bowling Green State.

Many have said the overall success of this team for 2015 unfortunately is on the shoulders of the O-Line.... we have all the other pieces of the puzzle.

The offense or defense heading into the Oklahoma game?
With the OL woes and uncertainty with the WRs (and overall offensive struggles last year) I'm still more interested in how the defense comes together.
I.have faith in the 3 headed monster to keep us in the game unlike last year even against a good D, but I'm really hoping the interior can stop their rushin attack. I like OBrien a lot but KMac and Tuttle needs to be ready fast against their OL. So I'm looking most forward to what they do vs BGU.
Also a side note, heard that the comet that sent a meteor shower the other night is named Swift Tuttle. I.couldn't help but think of Shy.

Everyone should be interested in the offense, the defense will be fine. This team has potential but it is all on the offense. If we are gonna win more than 8 games we need to see improvement on that side of the ball.

Safeties! Statistics show that the team with the most points wins over 99% of the time. Safeties are worth 2 points and are always overlooked.

Everyone should be interested in the offense, the defense will be fine. This team has potential but it is all on the offense. If we are gonna win more than 8 games we need to see improvement on that side of the ball.

Totally agree. I'm not concerned with the defense for the first time in I don't know when. WE finally have elite talent and quality depth at every position on defense. The OL will ultimately dictate whether the season is a success or not.

Offense and like others have said the OL. One thing in particular I'm curious about is the deep passing game. Will the line provide enough protection for the deeper routes and just as important can Dobbs be accurate consistently?

WR separation and deep passes. If our WRs are getting jammed by Bowling Green then it's going to be a long season. If Dobbs hits 3 or 4 home run balls then the OU safeties won't cheat up as much which will open up the running game

Agree with all the above posts. However, the #2 QB getting meaningful snaps, not just hand offs, and "impressing" everyone, will be key to the next 11 - 14 games.

I want to see no more than one sack vs our 1st team oline. More than that throws up a huge red flag on expectations for this season.

I would like to see Dormady get some quality snaps and not just garbage time hand offs. Maybe Jones also. They need to get ready to play in case of Dobbs getting hurt. The biggest roadblock to a great season is Dobbs' health and inadequate backups.

O-line, MLB,and North. Hopefully last year was just a sophomore slump and he plays how we all expect him to play, and stays healthy of course.

I want to see Dobbs with plenty of time in the backfield, along with good run blocking for the offense.

Defense, get 3 and outs.. I don't care how it is done along with 2-3 turn overs.

Lastly, special teams making stops and being hard to stop!

OLine and 2nd Team (all positions) snaps/productivity. If we see a majority of key starters into the 3rd Qtr then that's a red flag and concern.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back