Jalen at 242?

CarbonVol

I was reading a interview from a few weeks ago and it said Jalen was now at 242 pounds. I saw a picture of Derrick Henry a few weeks ago saying he was at 244. He looks wayyyyy bigger than Hurd. His arms are as big as Jalens legs.

I was reading a interview from a few weeks ago and it said Jalen was now at 242 pounds. I saw a picture of Derrick Henry a few weeks ago saying he was at 244. He looks wayyyyy bigger than Hurd. His arms are as big as Jalens legs.

Mark Richt has lost control of Derrick Henry's arms:)

Reactions: 2 people
I fear that gaining that much muscle mass will make him much more susceptible to an injury. Even with Kamara he is one of the players we can afford to lose. See the last 3 quarters of the Candy game if you don't agree

Have you ever seen Jalen Hurd's legs? Not that there is anything wrong with that

I fear that gaining that much muscle mass will make him much more susceptible to an injury. Even with Kamara he is one of the players we can afford to lose. See the last 3 quarters of the Candy game if you don't agree

On what basis do you preface this with? I would really like to know!

Reactions: 5 people
I fear that gaining that much muscle mass will make him much more susceptible to an injury. Even with Kamara he is one of the players we CANT afford to lose. See the last 3 quarters of the Candy game if you don't agree
fyp

Reactions: 1 person

So gaining muscle makes you more susceptible to injury? I don't understand the reasoning behind that at all. Can someone confirm this?

Reactions: 3 people

jalens lower body is solid

I fear that gaining that much muscle mass will make him much more susceptible to an injury.

Completely false. The more muscle you have, the greater amount of buffer you have to protect your soft tissues. Whe I got a partial ATL tear several years ago, my legs were smaller than they had been when I was squatting 400+. When I felll, more torque came to my knee because my thigh could no longer protect it and mitigate the tension.

Now, if you want to argue that more muscle = more weight or greater speed and those things increase injury possibilities, i.e. you are more likely to get injured falling while going 12 miles per hour than 8 - that could be true. Basically muscle protects.

Reactions: 2 people
Completely false. The more muscle you have, the greater amount of buffer you have to protect your soft tissues. Whe I got a partial ATL tear several years ago, my legs were smaller than they had been when I was squatting 400+. When I felll, more torque came to my knee because my thigh could no longer protect it and mitigate the tension.

Now, if you want to argue that more muscle = more weight or greater speed and those things increase injury possibilities, i.e. you are more likely to get injured falling while going 12 miles per hour than 8 - that could be true. Basically muscle protects.

ATL? As in anterior-talo-fibular?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I fear that gaining that much muscle mass will make him much more susceptible to an injury.

Fahr all strength coaches for making players lift weights.
Why lift at all then? If it was golf,or a pitcher, I see your reasoning, but not a RB...This sounds like something from the Dooley playbook

only way I could imagine he thinks Hurd would be more susceptible to an injury is if he plays more like a bruiser than last year, in which case he'd take more hits and hit back, which would put more stress on his body than last year

We got a AK-47 waiting on them this time:machgun:

Huh? Sorry but I'm not understanding what your trying to say here.

he also could mean that he gained it too quickly and that it may not have developed as well/sturdy as muscle mass gained more gradually?

VN Store

Back