Who are the best WR's this year

Volteacher

I thought that since Von is back, Marquez injury is not serious, Jennings convert from QB and Preston Williams SHOULD be cleared to play in the next week or so and saw an article on the BEST WR core in the SEC and looking at their stats from last year who WILL have the best year stat wise and who is the best at what they do....

1. Marquez North--46 yards
2. Von Pearson--377
3. Pig Howard--8 yards
4. Jason Croom--injured
5. Josh Malone--388
6. Josh Smith--307
7. Jauan Jennings--142
8.Preston Williams--158 (IF he is not redshirted but think he will)
9. Jonathan Johnson--107
10. 7 way tie of the rest of the bunch

Well I was WAY off....it seems the best two receivers outside of Von Pearson were both RB's.
SO DISAPOINTED in what they did this year, thought we would have at least one WR with 800 yards and two over 600 yards

Last edited:
I like your order, though there's a real chance Josh Malone catches fire this year and ends up in the top 3 spots. He has the biggest potential to step well beyond his current place in the rank order as you've listed it, I think.

Second in that vein would be Preston Williams.

Reactions: 1 person
I obviously want all our guys to have a great year...but I would really like to see what Josh Smith can do if he stays healthy an entire season AND Dobbs has time to throw it down field!

Hurd and Kamara. Dobbs will complete most passes to them and hopefully at high percentage.

Josh Smith will be up there and probably will outperform North. I am just skeptical that we will ever see North perform to his full potential. Showed up as a beast but just can't get the breaks. From a production point of view, I expect the following:

1. Pig
2. Pearson
3. Smith
4. North
5. Malone
........ Ethan Wolfe
6. Jennings
7. Williams
8. Johnson

Smith in top 2 catches per WR at the end of season. Hands like glue, speed, precise route running.

Edit: Johnson seems to get a ton of targets as well.

Whomever stays healthy, on the field...and catches balls thrown their way...

/thread

Good lord we are stacked at WR!

I bet Pig will be at the top. Pecking order after that will be a toss up.

Personally, expect a big year from all of the above.

Reactions: 3 people
Josh Smith will be up there and probably will outperform North. I am just skeptical that we will ever see North perform to his full potential. Showed up as a beast but just can't get the breaks. From a production point of view, I expect the following:

1. Pig
2. Pearson
3. Smith
4. North
5. Malone
........ Ethan Wolfe
6. Jennings
7. Williams
8. Johnson

WOLF* it's WOLF!!!!!

Jennings could be the surprise of the year as the coaches are impressed with his ball skills. Dude is a team player too.

Reactions: 2 people
Switch Croom and Smith and I think this is pretty solid. It's a little ridiculous how stacked we are at the position when you look at it.

We need to be stacked. It will keep the defenses honest so Hurd and Kamara can have room to run. Plus if the injury bug does hit, which most likely at least one or two of these guys will miss at least one game this season, we have enough left to still stretch the field.

I would not be surprised to see all the receivers with at least 2 tds each by years end, but with North, Pig, and Pearson all having 3 or 4. I also think Malone could have a breakout and have 3 or 4. Dobbs with a good year by oline could have 25 td passes.

I would not be surprised to see all the receivers with at least 2 tds each by years end, but with North, Pig, and Pearson all having 3 or 4. I also think Malone could have a breakout and have 3 or 4. Dobbs with a good year by oline could have 25 td passes.

We had 23 touchdown passes last year, with a host of receivers injured, a worse o-line, and a QB change. Each WR is a year more experienced, we lost nobody, and we added Preston and Jauan. With an improved o-line, and an offense that should keep drives going, 25 td passes is the low end of what we should expect.

Reactions: 3 people
Josh Smith is underrated. The guy separates from defenders and gets open. Kinda like Pig in that respect, but Smith been injured and too many nervous drops first year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Jennings could be the surprise of the year as the coaches are impressed with his ball skills. Dude is a team player too.

Him and LVon will be 2nd and 3rd behind Alton Howard.

Dobbs will get over 3,000 yawds.

Big Season

Johnson should be no lower than #5

1 - Pig
2 - North
3 - Smith
4 - Pearson
5 - Johnson
6 - Croom
7 - Malone
8 - Williams
9 - Jennings