11-1 (7-1)

LittleVol

Of course I can help you, Coach Heupel.
I have predicted 10-2 personally, but this is the number (11-1) that keeps popping into my thoughts.

8-4 people are reasonable. But I just think that nobody we play this year can flat out beat us 10 out of 10 times.
Oklahoma is the most balanced team we will play. I think they are our second best opponent and i still think we take them.

Baylor, Oregon, Ohio State are about the only teams I see as being able to dominate a us. And none of them are on our schedule.

Talent....

Reactions: 7 people
OP,

Let me guess you have:

A son named Peyton
A daughter named Payton
A dog named Smokey
And 2 cats named Rocky & Top

But I agree that we can win 11 of the 12 games on the schedule but I don't think we will.

Reactions: 23 people

I'll go one better:

Vols have an 17 game win streak entering 2016 season!

AV

Edited from 18. (Remembered the Mizzou loss and Ky win weeks being reversed.) But the probability of the 18 game streak by then is almost as likely as 17. :eek:lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Still a year away from 11-1 and being mentioned in the likes of those big boys, imo.

I'll take 8 or 9 wins..

Reactions: 8 people
OP,

Let me guess you have:

A son named Peyton
A daughter named Payton
A dog named Smokey

But I agree that we can win 11 of the 12 games on the schedule but I don't think we will.

I have two sons named, Walker and Texas Ranger! :blink:

Reactions: 2 people
:thud:

I must be a "reasonable" fan. Talent is definitely showing up, but the key to winning 10 or 11 games is consistency. We are still extremely young and one injury away from 6-6. This is the year we start learning how to win and stay in every game. 8-4 and I'm happy. 9-3 and I'm overjoyed. 10+ is when I'd start breaking out the koolaid.

Reactions: 4 people

I must be a "reasonable" fan. Talent is definitely showing up, but the key to winning 10 or 11 games is consistency. We are still extremely young and one injury away from 6-6. This is the year we start learning how to win and stay in every game. 8-4 and I'm happy. 9-3 and I'm overjoyed. 10+ is when I'd start breaking out the koolaid.

Exactly. I'm getting a Butch tattoo if we go 11-1

11-1? I'm not saying it's impossible, but how can anyone legitimately predict that?

EVERYTHING would have to go perfect for the Vols to top 10 wins. No more injuries, O-Line plays out of their mind all season, Butch stops buttoning the top button, Dobbs is a top 3 SEC QB...

OP,

Let me guess you have:

A son named Peyton
A daughter named Payton
A dog named Smokey

Haha. For real.

I have predicted 10-2 personally, but this is the number (11-1) that keeps popping into my thoughts.

8-4 people are reasonable. But I just think that nobody we play this year can flat out beat us 10 out of 10 times.
Oklahoma is the most balanced team we will play. I think they are our second best opponent and i still think we take them.

Baylor, Oregon, Ohio State are about the only teams I see as being able to dominate a us. And none of them are on our schedule.

Talent....

You're not aware of how probability works. I agree that we should be favored in 11 of our 12 games this year (including Oklahoma, Georgia, and @ Florida). But even assuming generously that we have a 66% chance of beating each of those three teams, it is probable that we will lose to at least one of those three teams. Hence, why I predict a 10-2 regular season record.

8-4 would be a disappointment. We're coming off of back-to-back top 5 recruiting classes and we have the best QB in the division; we SHOULD go 9-3 or 10-2. To paraphrase Spiderman, with great talent comes great expectations.

It must be difficult resisting the urge to give into temptation right now with all the koolaid flowing freely in this forum. For me the orange flavor is downright irresistible. :)

Attachments

• 50255_31167519355_1386669_n.jpg
    50255_31167519355_1386669_n.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 382
I'm going to say anywhere from 7-5 to 9-3, so I'll say 8-4 to be conservative. I know I'll get hammered for this but you never know what's going to happen in the course of a season to derail it.

I chalk up Alabama as the clear L at the moment.

Georgia and Oklahoma are definitely winnable, especially since we've got them at home.

Florida is definitely winnable but I don't know if we can shake our damaged psyche with them. I think we finally do!

Arkansas is a toss up to me. I think we should beat them but they like to control (slow) the tempo with the run.

Not too worried about any of the other teams if we play Vol ball!

Last edited:
This isn't a real prediction.....it's the yearly we gonna beat everybody and maybe one year I will mess up and end up right.

VN Store

Back