CMOvTFqWsAAmURv.jpg

KNOXNEWS HIGHLIGHTS
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7qcyAmOdRY[/YOUTUBE]

PATRICK BROWN HIGHLIGHTS

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-5zUsFIrBU[/YOUTUBE]

RUCKER'S RAPID REVIEW
-Jalen Hurd didn't practice for an undisclosed reason
-Chance Hall and Cortez McDowell didn't dress
-No Croom or Saulsberry, Wiesman worked on the side, Pig missed practice working through a hamstring tweak.
-Evan Berry, Justin Martin, Stephen Griffin missed practice
-Von in pads
FOURTH DOWN FOR WHAT?: Wednesday’s practice opened with two fourth-and-1 plays — the first-team offense versus the first-team defense, and the second-team offense versus the second-team defense. There were no surprises in the lineups for each play, with versatile senior Curt Maggitt moving from defensive end to strongside (Sam) linebacker and senior Owen Williams sliding into the first-team at defensive tackle in place of limited sophomore Kendal Vickers. Freshman running back John Kelly got the carry with the first-team offense, and he picked up the first down before getting tackled by junior linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin. Vols coach Butch Jones mocked Reeves-Maybin for the next 15 minutes after Maybin allegedly got blocked well by freshman guard Jack Jones. Jones kept taunting Reeves-Maybin that he wasn’t an “every-down linebacker,” but Reeves-Maybin took it in stride. Freshman Joe Young got the carry for the second-team offense and got stopped short of the sticks by sophomore linebackers Colton Jumper and Elliott Berry and sophomore defensive end Dimarya Mixon.
-Jennings has workd to do as a blocker.

TENNESSEAN
1. Fourth-and-1

The Vols practiced fourth-and-1 situations early in practice Wednesday. Freshman running back John Kelly worked with the first-team offense and took a handoff from quarterback Josh Dobbs, easily picking up the first down.

It was a nice gain for Kelly, a Detroit native, though he later fumbled while fielding a kickoff.
-Ethan Wolf did not practice
Vols football quick hits: Wednesday

VQ QUICK HITS
- Missing from practice: Jalen Hurd, Justin Martin, Cortez McDowell, Brian Randolph, Stephen Griffin, Jason Croom, Trevarris Saulsberry, Jashon Robertson, Ethan Wolf, Dylan Wiesman, Chance Hall, Evan Berry and Alton 'Pig' Howard.
-North was shaken up and didn't appear likely to continue.
There was some live football early on, however. Butch Jones called the Vols up in a fourth-and-1 scenario with the first-team offense battling first-team defense. John Kelly picked up the first-down with a run off the right side behind Coleman Thomas and Jack Jones, with Jalen Reeves-Maybin making the tackle. Alex Ellis and Jakob Johnson were the tight ends while the rest of the O-line consisted of Mack Crowder, Brett Kendrick and Kyler Kerbyson. Josh Dobbs took the shotgun snap and handed off to Kelly.
The second-team offense lost its rep badly, with first Colton Jumper tearing through the line essentially untouched to hit tailback Joe Young, who then wiggled out but still was stopped short by Dimarya Mixon and Darrell Miller, with Kahlil McKenzie also helping clean up. The Vols' second-team d-line seemed to readily overpower the offensive line though Charles Mosley and Dontavius Blair were solid in blocking on the play while the struggles stemmed from center Ray Raulerson and guard Venzell Boulware.
https://tennessee.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1791644

KNOXNEWS
Sophomore tailback Jalen Hurd highlighted a list of 18 players who were held out of Wednesday's practice, most of them presumably for injury reasons.

-- The Vols gave a brief, if slightly misleading hint to the current depth chart Wednesday, running a 4th-and-1 drill immediately after stretching.

With Jackson and Robertson out on the offensive line, redshirt sophomore Brett Kendrick worked as the starting left guard. Freshman Jack Jones was the first team right guard and sophomore Coleman Thomas played right tackle.

Hurd among 18 players held out of Wednesday

CMO31fxUEAA1tkk.png

CMO4LGjUkAAQUA6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 41 people
Come on, they have been practicing for 25 minutes, give me some details.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the poster that was supposedly posting practice updates a couple of years ago from a restroom stall in Stokely while monitoring from the window? I think that ended up being a sham or maybe I just imagined it happening.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone remember the poster that was supposedly posting practice updates a couple of years ago from a restroom stall in Stokely while monitoring from the window? I think that ended up being a sham or maybe I just imagined it happening.

Couple of years ago?

Practice?

Bathroom stall?

That actually seems like an accurate representation of practices under Dooley.

Reactions: 9 people
was getting worried someone had kidnapped my fingers!

side note, lol, the op just says 1:00 pm and has 5 likes
1 from me of course

Last edited:
I wanna see them put mckenzie in the circle of life. He hasn't went again since going against austin sanders.

With nimble Fingers, VN receives written updates on practice.

How long were to waiting to use this joke?

Probably longer than we're waiting for this dang update. I need them, seriously it's been 45 minutes and not one daggum update.

Where was practice #8 update? The one from last night.

Here is some juice.

VIDEO: Pig Howard Has the Throw of the Night | Rocky Top Insider

Tennessee’s Tuesday night practice at Neyland Stadium was closed to the media, but the Vols did release a video clip of receiver Pig Howard, who played some quarterback in high school, stepping into a QB drill and putting a 40-yard pass on the money right into a trash can.

Howard’s used his arm before in college, throwing a 13-yard touchdown pass as a freshman in 2012 on a trick play. With Howard and converted quarterback Jauan Jennings among the players the Vols have at receiver, teams might want to beware of the double pass in 2015 against the Vols.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back