Vols dealing with 'a lot of bumps and bruises'

LakeMaryFLVol

been seen jacked up on testosterone and moonshine
Little early for this.. Ugh..Stay healthy men

"Jones said sophomore cornerback Justin Martin is expected to miss “about a week (or) week and a half” with a knee sprain, and sophomore safety Evan Berry will be sidelined for “a week or so” with an undisclosed injury, while several other players recently have been sidelined by relatively minor injuries.

Sophomore offensive guard Jashon Robertson didn’t participate in Tennessee’s practice Tuesday morning because of a sprained ankle, Jones said, but “should be good to go here in the next day or two.”

Jones said senior wide receiver Pig Howard “tweaked his hamstring a little bit, but we expect to get him back,” while sophomore tight end Ethan Wolf has missed the Vols’ past two practices but is “making great progress in getting back.”

True freshman offensive lineman Chance Hall and junior guard Dylan Wiesman have “had some injuries,” but “nothing that’ll be serious,” Jones said.

“We expect them back,” Jones said after the Vols began their first two-a-day of preseason camp with a 90-minute practice Tuesday morning at Haslam Field. “They may be back either presumably tonight or tomorrow. I’ll know more when we meet as a staff.”

Jones said redshirt sophomore defenive tackle Kendal Vickers “has been out,” but he didn’t elaborate on the nature of Vickers’ injury or how long he might be sidelined.

Senior defensive back Max Arnold also is “back practicing right now” but “will be limited,” while ophomore safety Todd Kelly Jr. is among the players who already have been forced to play through injuries."

Vols dealing with 'a lot of bumps and bruises'

There is a difference between being hurt and being injured. Time to see who will man-up.

A sprain can easily lead to a tear. If they have a sprain, they should sit out until it's healed.

I'm sure if this was mid-season, they'd be taping their ankles up tight and going out there. As it isn't mid-season, there is no reason to risk a higher order injury.

Reactions: 6 people
And the good news is... the S&C program is looking to be effective. These sprains/strains are actually just minor tears. The fact that they're sprains/strains and not full-blown tears is actually a good thing and shows Lawson has been doing a good job preparing these guys physically for the rigors of the season.

Reactions: 2 people
And the good news is... the S&C program is looking to be effective. These sprains/strains are actually just minor tears. The fact that they're sprains/strains and not full-blown tears is actually a good thing and shows Lawson has been doing a good job preparing these guys physically for the rigors of the season.
L

I'm not being a smart$$$ but how do u get that from this? The opposite could be said also.

I hope its more from being stronger n faster thus harder hitting thus more injuries :rock:

Reactions: 4 people

Also give credit to Butch Jones and Allison Maurer for emphasizing the importance of getting a full night's sleep. Contrary to popular belief, sleep is when the body recovers and builds muscle - not during exercise or weight training itself.

Derek Dooley was an idiot for many reasons, but his insistence on having early-morning practices during the season was one of his most inexcusable decisions. We were playing just as stiff and groggy as we practiced.

Reactions: 5 people
Also give credit to Butch Jones and Allison Maurer for emphasizing the importance of getting a full night's sleep. Contrary to popular belief, sleep is when the body recovers and builds muscle - not during exercise or weight training itself.

Derek Dooley was an idiot for many reasons, but his insistence on having early-morning practices during the season was one of his most inexcusable decisions. We were playing just as stiff and groggy as we practiced.

He wanted to make sure he had time in the afternoon to piss off the HS coaches

Reactions: 6 people
L

I'm not being a smart$$$ but how do u get that from this? The opposite could be said also.

I hope its more from being stronger n faster thus harder hitting thus more injuries :rock:

Have you ever done anything physical in your life? If you haven't, then kindly join your grammar in the hole.

If you have, and you didn't spend a decent amount of time stretching and working your joints lateral strength, you/your coaches were idiots.

Doing the right stretches before doing anything is extremely important as well as, when you're strength/endurance training, to not overwork any muscle groups. If you overwork your quads and not your hamstring, you will have a lot of issues. Of course, even if you do work everything equally some guys will still have problems... but balance is key.

A poor S&C program will result in a lot of non-contact injuries and injuries from being over-worked.

Sorry for the coherently written paragraph. I'm sure it was painful for you to read.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anyone else think the coaches hold some out for just precaution a lot I mean they may be dinged up but could still go I think that's why some of our veteran and proven players are held out to prevent injury.

Athletes learn to deal with a great deal of discomfort, football bumps and bruises will be non stop now and until the end of the season.

Does anyone else think the coaches hold some out for just precaution a lot I mean they may be dinged up but could still go I think that's why some of our veteran and proven players are held out to prevent injury.

Yeah they do. I mean if you didn't could you imagine Eric Berry and what he would have done to people during practice?

Good Lord Nancy these are 18-22 y/o's . If they can't handle morning practices we have a bigger problem. Is there anything left to blame Dooley for? Genocide, Hurricane Katrina, Krakatona Volcano, Sandusky, extinction of the dinosaurs? Popular belief? Everyone that works out knows muscle is built post workout.

Reactions: 4 people
Is college football just that much different? Because in high school we NEVER had guys get injured in the spring/summer camps. Throughout the season sure, but not in freaking practice.

So much truth to this. 9 out of 10 times I injure myself in the gym it's when calories and/or sleep is low and I've ran myself raggedy. Exerting yourself intensely in those conditions is recipe for disaster.

Injuries happen in football. It's just part of the game, but I don't think I've ever seen people getting this hurt all the time until Jones took over. It's crazy. Every single off season we look to have potential and all the sudden oh here's a handful of people that are out. A week later well here's you another handful that are out. What gives?

Reactions: 1 person
Have you ever done anything physical in your life? If you haven't, then kindly join your grammar in the hole.

If you have, and you didn't spend a decent amount of time stretching and working your joints lateral strength, you/your coaches were idiots.

Doing the right stretches before doing anything is extremely important as well as, when you're strength/endurance training, to not overwork any muscle groups. If you overwork your quads and not your hamstring, you will have a lot of issues. Of course, even if you do work everything equally some guys will still have problems... but balance is key.

A poor S&C program will result in a lot of non-contact injuries and injuries from being over-worked.

Sorry for the coherently written paragraph. I'm sure it was painful for you to read.

You might try a mental exercise. Catch yourself the next time you end a post with personal insult, to emphasize your superiority. Then realize clearly that it is unnecessary, a bad habit which weakens your writing by diverting attention from your argument to rude behavior. Delete the insult and edit your ending with a clear conclusion. Add nothing. Repeat. :hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Im sure Uga, UF, Bubba, SC, OK, and even Bowling Green has a few dinged up as well

VN Store

Back