Will Dobbs look for Jennings over our other recievers?

What kind of report was it?

Kidding.

I'd say with Pig and North healthy, and hopefully P. Williams available, he'll have a wide range to choose from. Hopefully he is checking off receivers and hitting the open man, rather than targeting a receiver before the play develops.

Reactions: 3 people
Read the defense, know who should be open, then go thru progressions. Throw strike to open receiver. Score touchdown. Celebrate. Repeat often. Down and distance will determine if he looks deep first. GO VOLS! WIN em ALL!

Reactions: 1 person

Rapaport
michaelrapaport-still1.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
This may be the dumbest assumption/jumping to conclusion example I've seen in months. Congrats.

So Dobbs should be focusing on one receiver over the rest? That will work well, probably will be very successful and throw no interceptions. Spreading the ball around and not keying on one target will result in success.......not the opposite. Pick up your knuckles when you walk

Reactions: 5 people
Dobbs will read the defense and make the best play, whether it's throwing to an open WR or making a play with his legs. I don't think he will target any one receiver. But some receivers are better at getting open, i.e. Pig. If Jennings is that guy over all the talent we have at wide-out, then this season will be that much more fun to watch.

I think Dobbs has proven that he will deliver the ball to who ever is open. He spread the ball around last year albeit he did not have the wide selection of receivers he should have this year.

Reactions: 1 person
So Dobbs should be focusing on one receiver over the rest? That will work well, probably will be very successful and throw no interceptions. Spreading the ball around and not keying on one target will result in success.......not the opposite. Pick up your knuckles when you walk

Why are you acting like what the op said is fact and not the wild assumption that it is?

Reactions: 2 people
Howard has definitely been his go to guy. He and Pearson work well together. I hope he and North can click this year. They haven't so far but North's injury could be to blame. I'm hopeful that Jennings contributed but it won't be a good season if he is on the field long enough to become a fo to guy.

Spread the ball around...........if he is targeting any receiver much more than the others, defenses will key on that. Isnt that in football 101 class?

Every QB has a favorite receiver tho. You don't lock on him but you look for him to get open...because he does. Peyton shared the love, but he targeted Nash at UT and then progressed to Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and now Demaryous Thomas in the pros.

If Josh Dobbs goals as a high level QB are to favor his better friends on the field rather than do his job ... then we are screwed!

Dobbs is a valid victorian, remember, he has the smarts to know the scheme. He's got great pocket presents despite the OL issues as well. He'll find the right guy. He won't feed the Pre-Madonnas on the team and he certainly won't overly rely on his reports with players.

This team isn't milk toast.

I love VN for all the wrong raisins.

Reactions: 13 people
I thought his best friend and roommate was North. Wouldn't be a bad guy to target the most. IMO

Dobbs was forcefeeding North in the limited time the 2 had together. Which was one game... against Alabama.

If Dobbs and North somehow get a full season together, it wouldn't surprise me if North hits around 800-1000 yards and ~6-8 TDs.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe the OP worded it wrong...nothing wrong with the question.

I took it as looking at Jennings over our other receivers. Understand every QB has their favorite target, but there is a point to where QBs get tunnel vision. Maybe I misunderstood what the OP was saying

VN Store

Back