The ACT

led0321

Has been retaken.

SIAP but I haven't seen it on here.

7faeedbfc5b00c33dca7ac60728e645d.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Doesn't seem like it should take that long to find out what the score is. I'd bet we know before the weekend. Who knows about the clearing house though

Doesn't seem like it should take that long to find out what the score is. I'd bet we know before the weekend. Who knows about the clearing house though

Most likely the clearing house will keep him out into the season. They move at a perpetually slow pace. I do hope I'm wrong and he's practicing next week!

Most likely the clearing house will keep him out into the season. They move at a perpetually slow pace. I do hope I'm wrong and he's practicing next week!

Doubtful - he is cleared except for this score. It is real simple >=18 and he's cleared.

I assume he got some top flight tutoring prior to re-taking the test? If he didn't make an 18 then he probably needs to go JUCO anyway. As much as everyone gets wrapped up in the football program, this is still college and in this system the athletes are supposed to also be students.

I'm betting he made it though!

Reactions: 2 people
Unless the University has some deal with Pearson Publishing, the company that makes the ACT, then the results re almost never immediate. A few weeks at least. That's not to say that there isn't some sort of deal in place, but usually it's an ordeal.

And don't be to sure that an 18 is a walk in the park. I wish it were. Unfortunately, the test kills some students. I am a teacher and coach and I have athletes that are 3.5 GPA in the classroom, but can't score higher that a 20 on the ACT. Because of that, I now require all of my players to take it 3 times before graduation. Studies show, the more you take it, the more you improve.

Last edited:
Unless the University has some deal with Pearson Publishing, the company that makes the ACT, then the results re almost never immediate. A few weeks at least. That's not to say that there isn't some sort of deal in place, but usually it's an ordeal.

And don't be to sure that an 18 is a walk in the park. I wish it were. Unfortunately, the test kills some students. I am a teacher and coach and I have athletes that are 3.5 GPA in the classroom, but can't score higher that a 20 on the ACT. Because of that, I now require all of my players to take it 3 times before graduation. Studies show, the more you take it, the more you improve.

Test anxiety is real. My son has a very high IQ but has test anxiety which keeps him from scoring well on test. When he was in elementary school his teacher found that if she asked him the test questions casually in conversation he knew every answer but if she gave him the paper test more times than not he would make a C or D. Some people do not handle stress well.

Reactions: 4 people
"He will need a score of 18 or better."
That is a tough 20d roll. I hope he was using his +5 No2 pencil of test taking.

Reactions: 3 people
Doubtful - he is cleared except for this score. It is real simple >=18 and he's cleared.

You're seriously going with "real simple" and the NCAA clearinghouse is involved? :lolabove: Now, 18 should be a walk in the park, but if the clearinghouse has to review it I'll be shocked if it takes less than 2 weeks. "Real simple" and the clearinghouse...seriously I can't stop chuckling at that. Thanks for brightening my morning! :good!:

I thought the minimum for UT admission was 22 or 23?

Is it different for athletes or am I just misinformed?

I am a teacher and coach and I have athletes that are 3.5 GPA in the classroom, but can't score higher that a 20 on the ACT.

More a testament to the difficulty of your school vs the abilities of the students IMHO.

I always enjoy reading the newspaper around graduation time where the valvictorians from each of the local high schools are posted along with their HS GPA, ACT scores, and where they plan to attend college. Amazes me how at the traditionally inner city / lower performing schools these students will have a 4.0 GPA and an 18-20 ACT. Out in the burbs, they have 3.85 - 4.0 GPA and 30-36 ACT. Isn't this the issue that's being attempted to addressed by the Majority to Minority Program?

Don't think PW's HS was a HS in distress?

Last edited:

I want to see a report saying where he took the test. Many if not all universities give residue ACT test on their campus every week. Those results come back the same day. Not sure the NCAA would allow the test to be taken thAt way but I am also surprised they are allowing him to take it sometime other than on a national testing date.

Doesn't it say in the tweet they'll know the results by the weekend? Just messing with you.

Oh got ya. I meant that I thought it would be known well before the weekend. Just based off of what Hyams said about knowing pretty much immediately. I guess it's already been a few hours at least though :p

I think the minimum is 21 when I went there. Athletes have completely different standards 18 act and like 2.8 GPA are it I believe.

There's likely a difference between minimum and lowest score that will get one admitted

VN Store

Back