first play from scrimmage

joevol33

1st official VN BB bracket winner
VN Pick Champion
The hype hasn't been this good in a long time for our team, and its been rolling lately. We return a dynamic duel threat qb, a stud rb (with another added), and a wr unit that's as loaded as I've seen in years. So with all this fire power (despite oline issues), what will be the first play of the season? My guess, is Hurd and AK in the backfield, Dobbs fakes it up the middle to Hurd, and hits AK with a screen pass, that he takes all the way.

The hype hasn't been this good in a long time for our team, and its been rolling lately. We return a dynamic duel threat qb, a stud rb (with another added), and a wr unit that's as loaded as I've seen in years. So with all this fire power (despite oline issues), what will be the first play of the season? My guess, is Hurd and AK in the backfield, Dobbs fakes it up the middle to Hurd, and hits AK with a screen pass, that he takes all the way.

Our first game is against a scrub. The first play, and the next play, and the next 20 plays, and the last play, will strongly resemble this:

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Yeah, good chance our first play is a hand off to Hurd or Kamara, a screen pass, or a slant. One of those has my money.

Reactions: 1 person
Handoff to Hurd vs. OU. The offense will never see the field vs. BG. Our D will score every single series.. if they kick to us first Cam will just run it back. Gonna be a long day for BG.

Hurd off left tackle for 6-1/2 yards. 2nd down: Dobbs to pass and either hits a receiver for about 11 yards and a first down or tucks and keeps for about 5 yards and a first down.

I'll never forget about 4 years ago when this question was asked and 99Gator called a false start for our first play and sure enough, false start. My wife asked me why I would laugh so hard at a UT penalty.

Reactions: 4 people

My money is on the Fumblerooski. :crazy:

Hurd sets the tone off tackle! Big boy time!!

Seeing how BGSU's defensive front 7 seems to be undersized by a portion, I think it's safe to say it'll be a run. Expect Hurd to get 150+. :crazy:

Hurd, 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Wouldn't be surprised with a first play deep shot against OU though.

VN Store

Back