Predict the season with scores

GBO97

The Beast is Rising
Bowling Green W 42-10 Vols roll out of the gate. Lots of valuable early PT for frosh and younger players.
Oklahoma W 41-20 hear me out: I think this is one of our best games of the year. We come out more hungry for a win than ever, and after a close game for 2-3 quarters, we hit the gas and pull away. Slightly less dramatic version of 06 Cal.
W Carolina W 52-14 no exp needed
Florida W 17-10 UF's defense keeps this game a slugfest, but the Vols are mentally and physically strong enough to snap the streak in Gainesville. At 4-0, the Vols are really turning heads now.
Arkansas L 24-28 a bit of a letdown between the joy of beating UF and anticipating a monster matchup with UGA. Arkansas's ground attack wears down UT's defense, and although the Vols make some plays, they fall just short for the season's first loss.
Georgia W 20-17 the Dawgs will have their classic letdown game the week after knocking off Bama and rising to #2 in the polls. Down 7, Dobbs leads a tying TD drive, then the Vols force a turnover resulting in a late, game winning FG. Knoxville goes crazy.
Alabama L 31-23 I really want to predict a win here as well, but it will have to wait till 2016. Vols battle, but an angry Bama team in Tuscaloosa proves to be a little too much for UT to handle.
Kentucky W 35-21 An improved UK team gives the Vols all they can handle and the score is tied after 3, but talent wins out down the stretch.
S Carolina W 29-17 Spurrier is furious as he loses his third straight vs the Big Orange. Pharoh Cooper once again tries to put the team on his back, but UT holds serve and a late Vols TD seals the deal.
N Texas W 55-24 There always seems to be that game where the defense is a little sloppy for some reason, and maybe this happens here, but the Vols run wild on offense and the game is no contest.
Missouri L 21-14 I don't think they're that great, but at this point it's possible that depth could take a toll at some positions, and the more experienced team pulls it out at home. Oh well, can't win em all.
Vanderbilt W 48-10 This game is actually close at halftime, but an upset Butch Jones and a few seniors get the team riled up for an explosive second half, and Vandy is promptly blown out right out of the second half gate.

This gives us a final record of 9-3 (5-3), good for 2nd in the East and a solid foundation for the reign of terror beginning in 2016.

Reactions: 5 people
No way in hell we lose to Mizzou... But I won't make any predictions, I just want to see us get out of September on a high note.

Reactions: 1 person
"Missouri L 21-14"

GBO, who are you predicting to win the East, and will they be undefeated in the East?

As others have said. No chance we lose to Missouri. They are bound to fall off this season. I think they finish 4th in the East behind us, Georgia, and South Carolina.

Bowling Green 38-13 Vols
Oklahoma 37-28 Sooners
W Carolina 45-20 Vols
Florida 31-23 Vols
Arkansas 24-14 Razorbacks
Georgia 35-28 Dawgs
Alabama 37-17 Tide
Kentucky 31-27 Vols
S Carolina 41-30 Vols
N Texas 35-14 Vols
Missouri 23-17 Vols
Vanderbilt 40-20 Vols

8-4

Take it to the bank.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I know im in the minority here but IMHO Arky will be the biggest disappointment in the conference.

As others have said. No chance we lose to Missouri. They are bound to fall off this season. I think they finish 4th in the East behind us, Georgia, and South Carolina.

I can assure you that there is a chance. Just like each of the last two years going into that game, no one wants to give mizzou any credit.

Reactions: 3 people
Not going to predict scores but i am thinking 7-5 or 8-4 depending upon injuries and how well our opponents come out of the gate. I could see UF and Arky surprising a lot of people but they have a chance to be a disappointment especially UF. How good will Oklahoma and Missouri be? Will Georgia be dominant with a new qb as well as Bama? There are just too many question marks going into the season than I can remember in a long time. But, I will say this UT has more depth, talent, and experience than they have had in a long time. I think 9-3 would have to be the absolute ceiling based off of some uncertainties surrounding the o-line and lb's imo.

BGSU - 45-10, W
Okla - 35-21, W
WCU - 52-3, W
UF - 35-17, W
Ark- 38-28, L
UGA - 38-35, W
Bama - 34-24, L
Ky - 42-20, W
SCar - 42-28, W
N Tx - 45-7, W
Mizz - 38-21, W
Vandy - 45-14, W

10-2.

Bowling Green: W 42-17
Oklahoma: W 35-31
Western Carolina: W 56-10
Florida: W 24-21
Arkansas: L 27-24
Georgia: W 31-28
Alabama: L 34-24
Kentucky: W 38-20
South Carolina: W 34-21
North Texas: W 45-7
Missouri: W 28-13
Vanderbilt: W 42-14

10-2 (6-2 SEC)

I know im in the minority here but IMHO Arky will be the biggest disappointment in the conference.

Tough to say. If their defense doesn't fall off too bad they'll be salty. They can run the ball and have arguably the best TE in the league in Hunter Henry. If they fall apart defensively, they're in trouble.

"Missouri L 21-14"

GBO, who are you predicting to win the East, and will they be undefeated in the East?

UGA. 10-2, losses to us and Auburn. So 5-1 in the East.

If they pull a UGA and slip up somewhere they shouldn't then I think we would win the East. Even though that may very well happen, I don't want to expect it to and then be upset about 2nd in the East, which would be good for us this year.

Last edited:
Bowling Green: 42-10 UT
Oklahoma: 28-24 UT
Western Carolina: 52-3 UT
Florida: 21-17 UT
Arkansas: 28-24 UT
Georgia: 35-31 UT
Alabama: 35-21 Bama
Kentucky: 49-14 UT
South Carolina: 38-35 UT
North Texas: 49-17 UT
Missouri: 24-21 UT
Vanderbilt: 45-17 UT

11-1 SEC East Champs

I could see us falling all the way to to 6-6 if a couple of key injuries happen but for some reason if we stay healthy I have a feeling we have a real breakout year. We will know exactly how good we are when Oklahoma rolls into Neyland Stadium week 2.

Bowling Green: 42-10 UT
Oklahoma: 28-24 UT
Western Carolina: 52-3 UT
Florida: 21-17 UT
Arkansas: 28-24 UT
Georgia: 35-31 UT
Alabama: 35-21 Bama
Kentucky: 49-14 UT
South Carolina: 38-35 UT
North Texas: 49-17 UT
Missouri: 24-21 UT
Vanderbilt: 45-17 UT

11-1 SEC East Champs

I could see us falling all the way to to 6-6 if a couple of key injuries happen but for some reason if we stay healthy I have a feeling we have a real breakout year. We will know exactly how good we are when Oklahoma rolls into Neyland Stadium week 2.

So anywhere from 6-6 to 11-1. Way to put yourself out there....:)

Bowling Green: 52-14 UT
Oklahoma: 31-6 UT
Western Carolina: 63-7 UT
Florida: 31-3 UT
Arkansas: 20-17 (OT) UT
Georgia: 35-24 UT
Alabama: 28-20 UT
Kentucky: 31-20 UT
South Carolina: 30-27 USCe
North Texas: 56-0 UT
Missouri: 38-13 UT
Vanderbilt: 27-5 UT

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP

Tennessee 38 Auburn 31

NCAA PLAYOFFS

1st Round:

Tennessee 30 Ohio 27 (OT)

Championship game

Oregon 37 Tennessee 31

Season Summary:

SEC Champions
Final Record 13-2
Final Rank # 2

BONUS PREDICTION

2016 Season Summary:

SEC Champions
National Champions
15-0

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP

Tennessee 38 Auburn 31

NCAA PLAYOFFS

1st Round:

Championship game

Oregon 37 Tennessee 31

I like it I could see South Carolina tripping us up.

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP

Tennessee 38 Auburn 31

NCAA PLAYOFFS

1st Round:

Championship game

Oregon 37 Tennessee 31

Season Summary:

SEC Champions
Final Record 13-2
Final Rank # 2

BONUS PREDICTION

2016 Season Summary:

SEC Champions
National Champions
15-0

Go Vols!

Definitely unorthodox

Bowling Green: [W 38-10]
-No problems here. We come out and take care of business. Offense looks good and our defense does as well. We get in some 2nd and 3rd string guys for 4th quarter when which we give up a TD.

Oklahoma: [L 31-34]
- We come out fired up and ready to go. Lots of hype for the game and we play well. We get up at halftime by 7 and it seems to go well. The 3rd and 4th quarters are a grind but our offense starts to slow down and we lose close.

Western Carolina: [W 45-7]
- Good bounce back and we show a sharpness. Yes it's only Western Carolina but everything clicks again and we start to prepare for Florida.

Florida: [W 21-17]
- The leftover pieces from Muschamps recruiting on defense help this game stay close. It is hard fought and grind but we figure out how to put the ball in the end zone this year , unlike last. A TD in the 4th vaults us to 21-17 and the win.

Arkansas: [W 35-30]
- Another good game. We fight with Arkansas and watch them run pretty well against us. They lead at halftime and we have to make lots of defensive adjustments. We do and we watch Arkansas' defense start to fatigue. We start to gain momentum and ultimately win.

Georgia: [W 31-27]
- Lack of a solid QB hurts the dawgs. Their defense cause a couple turnovers in the 1st but they also throw a pick 6 to end the half and it's tied at 17. Chubb has a good day but the lack of passing game helps UT to focus on Chubb and ultimately slow him down some. We get some great breaks and Hurd has a good day on the ground to help get the win.

Alabama: [L 28-20]
- Story of the first half will be defense. Both offense's struggle to throw the ball in the 1st half letting the big boys at HB steal the show. 14-10 Alabama at half. Then the offenses start to open up. Ultimately the talent difference is the winning factor and Tennessee can't break the streak.

Kentucky: [W 42-24]
- Halloween night and UT still continues the nightmares for Kentucky against the Vols. Kentucky has a decent year up to this game and then meets Tennessee. We control the game from the 2nd quarter on and ultimately our running game has a hay day going outside the tackles.

South Carolina: [W 34-28]
-The old ball coach and Butch always play in close games and I feel this one will be as well. South Carolinas offense is good and defense is serviceable. Close game all the way through but medley hits two field goals in the 4th to extend the lead and ultimately a thrown intraception in the last minute to Todd Kelly Jr. ends it.

North Texas: [W 38-0]
-Wear and tear starts to show on offense with them slowing and only leading 17-0 at half. They start to get it going and extend the lead. Defense looks stellar and has a great all around showing. 2nd and 3rd string get in the 4th to gain more reps.

Missouri: [L 17-20 OT]
-Again wear and tear is the name of the game. Close game all the way through and defense is again the name of the game. Missouri doesn't make many mistakes but UT does. Pinkel fields an experienced defense and solid offense. Tennessee makes 3 turnovers and goes into OT wondering if they should have won this game in regular time. Mistakes bite them again and UTs SEC East championship dream seems to be still in limbo.

Vanderbilt: [W 35-17]
- A close rivalry game until the 3rd and 4th quarters when the depth and talent start to show. Ultimately the offense has a good day through the air with Dobbs throwing for around 300 yards. Defense looks good but still does have some mistakes in the game giving up a couple big plays but Vols get the win.

Vols finish 9-3 and 6-2 in the SEC. The win over UGA gives them the edge and they get to Atlanta and face Auburn. Auburn squeaked by Alabama in the final week to be in Atlanta as well.

Auburn: [L 24-38]
- Our defense had been good all year but they hadn't faced an offense like auburns. Muschamps gets the defense going and Auburn looks great in the first half and leads 24-7 at half. UT gets a second wind and makes it a game but ultimately isn't enough as they lose to auburn and go back home waiting to see which Bowl game they get into.

Tennessee finds out they will be playing in the Cirtus Bowl versus Penn State. Tennessee is ecstatic and can't wait to play in Florida again.

Penn State: [W 31-21]
- Penn State is a solid offensive football team with a Top 10 draft pick at QB in Christian Hackenburgh. He has some good success all game but ultimately can't carry the load on offense. Dobbs has a great day on the ground and Tennessee goes into halftime in the lead at 21-7. The game starts to even but it's too late. Vols win and get to 10 wins on the year.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back