Can Butch use....

Can Butch use Injuries as an Excuse for not winning at least 8 games in 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

govols105

Injuries as an excuse for a lousy 6-6, 7-6 or worse case 4-8 season?

it's his 3rd year. i think he should know what is expected of him and whats at stake and adjust his preseason coaching accordingly we can't afford many more if anymore practice season ending injuries. I think 7-8 wins depends on if dobbs can stay healthy.

I am not clamoring to fire butch if he don't get 8 including Florida.

This is where we find out what kind of coaching we have. IT'S TIME. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

it's his 3rd year. i think he should know what is expected of him and whats at stake and adjust his preseason coaching accordingly we can't afford many more if anymore practice season ending injuries.

If Dobbs and Hurd/Kamara get hurt, yes.

Reactions: 3 people
Croom better be out only for precautionary reasons... don't see where he did anything too specific.... this kid gets hurt seemingly all the time. Let's cross our fingers that no one else gets hurt/dinged up so we can come into the season at full steam for once. We have too much talent not to make the most of it. Hope Martin will be back in a week or so... SaulsB doesn't count, that kid just needs to ride the bike and jog until the season starts and then we can put him in here and there when his knees can take it...

iu

Reactions: 5 people
Good lord, relax. One injury, at guard, where if we were gonna have an offensive injury that'd be the ideal position since we have approximately 92 offensive guards on the roster. Football is a contact sport champ, gotta get your team ready, gotta have em mixing it up....if you lose a player or 2 to injury, thems be the breaks. Next man up, go to war with who ya got.

Reactions: 4 people
Butch ain't the kind of guy to Use Excuses. He doesn't think at the kindergarten level. He takes command, takes responsibility, puts everything on his shoulders and carries it. His goals don't change every time one of his 105 players gets injured. He plans for "stuff happens." He plans for Murphy's Law. He doesn't love it when things go wrong, but he doesn't cry and blubber about it. He just hitches up his drawers and goes back to work on making the Vols the best football team they can be.

Butch don't play the excuses game.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
Butch ain't the kind of guy to Use Excuses. He doesn't think at the kindergarten level. He takes command, takes responsibility, puts everything on his shoulders and carries it. His goals don't change every time one of his 105 players gets injured. He plans for "stuff happens." He plans for Murphy's Law. He doesn't love it when things go wrong, but he doesn't cry and blubber about it. He just hitches up his drawers and goes back to work on making the Vols the best football team they can be.

Butch don't play the excuses game.

Go Vols!

He doesn't use excuses but we're still the youngest team in college football.

Reactions: 9 people
He doesn't use excuses but we're still the youngest team in college football.

A lot of our fans still dont understand that we are still one of the youngest teams in College Football, now next year no but this team is very young, we are Counting on 3 True freshmen to come in on Defense and have a major impact on the Defense.

What the heck?

Poll results currently are:

17 Yes
18 no

So apparently everyone that voted no... expect at a minimum 9-10+ wins with a healthy team? Anything less is a bust?

it's his 3rd year. i think he should know what is expected of him and whats at stake and adjust his preseason coaching accordingly we can't afford many more if anymore practice season ending injuries. I think 7-8 wins depends on if dobbs can stay healthy.

:thud: :crazy: Good Grief. Who is his replacement if this happens? Guess you want to delay success with another coaching change.

It depends on who gets injured when. Were the QBs injured early and out, yes. Both RBs go down early and for the season, yes. As examples, there are others as well.

VN Store

Back