ESPN Pundit's Predictions for 2015

JohnD13

Grudiot Hater
With 18 starters returning and one of the SEC's best returning quarterbacks guiding the offense, expect the Vols to finish the 2015 season with a 9-3 record. --Edward Aschoff

Tennessee fans should be bullish on what's happening under Butch Jones, although his staff might need one more year to position the Vols to win the SEC East since a grueling schedule that includes home games with Oklahoma, Arkansas and Georgia and road dates with Alabama, Florida and Missouri will cause the Vols to finish 7-5. -- David Ching

So much talent, but so much young talent for the Vols means they improve the win total slightly (7-5), but they're not quite SEC East championship ready ... yet. -- Sam Khan Jr.

Progress will be the key, and though Tennessee might be a year away, a 9-3 season will continue to show that progress. -- Greg Ostendorf

Having top-end talent is great and all, but without quality depth and experience the Vols won't get over the hump and become title contenders, instead going a respectable 8-4. -- Alex Scarborough

Reactions: 1 person
Never even heard of these losers. If we go 7-5, there is a serious problem. 8-4 at the least is what I expect. 9 wins would be nice. Screw predictions, can't wait to see all this play out on the field.

Reactions: 2 people
This is GOOD. These guys usually never predict anything correctly. So to have them doubting us only makes me more confident we'll have a great season this year. I would've been worried if everyone had us going 9-3. However, if they think we're going 7-5 then I'm even more confident in my prediction that we'll go 10-2. Hell, going 11-1 with our only loss being to Alabama wouldn't surprise me either.

This team is gonna SHOCK the nation.

A co worker and I did predictions for our teams yesterday. I came up with 8-4, October is going to kill us. My co worker, being a Bammer, said they go 12-0 and none of the games will be close. Typical thinking down here.

9-3 is the sweet spot, IMO. If one of those Ws is UGA, we probably win the East, which would be the cherry on top.

A co worker and I did predictions for our teams yesterday. I came up with 8-4, October is going to kill us. My co worker, being a Bammer, said they go 12-0 and none of the games will be close. Typical thinking down here.

Typical f-ing idiot Bama fan. Apologies for the redundancy.

8-4 is what I'm thinking, 9-3 or 10-2 is possible if the cards fall right. The great unknown right now is just how good is the rest of the conference this season. For instance I'm not buying the Arkansas hype and if G. Lambert starts for UGA then they have serious issues at QB.

I'd be extremely happy with 8 wins

8-4 makes you extremely happy? So you are cool if we lose to BAMA, OKL, UGA, and either UF, MIZZU, or SC? There's not much progress there!! We lost to UGA by 3 last year (and 3 the year before). We lost to UF by 1. Just the slightest bit of improvement means we win those games this year.

I'll be extremely happy if we beat UF, UGA, Mizzu, and SC. I can handle losing to Bama an OKL if we keep it close. That's progress! :hi:

8-4 makes you extremely happy? So you are cool if we lose to BAMA, OKL, UGA, and either UF, MIZZU, or SC? There's not much progress there!! We lost to UGA by 3 last year (and 3 the year before). We lost to UF by 1. Just the slightest bit of improvement means we win those games this year.

I'll be extremely happy if we beat UF, UGA, Mizzu, and SC. I can handle losing to Bama an OKL if we keep it close. That's progress! :hi:

Yessir. This OL is going to cost us some games. I think we have the talent everywhere else, it's just young.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
8-4 is the realistic expectation. I'd be content with that because it means we're exactly where everyone thinks we are, which is a good thing.

7-5 would be a disappointment, but not to the extent that I would be looking for heads to roll. However, this is the last season I'd give Butch that sort of leeway. He's brought the talent back; now he needs to make them perform.

Anything below 7-5 would be worrisome and anything above 8-4 would be considered a successful season.

Never even heard of these losers. If we go 7-5, there is a serious problem. 8-4 at the least is what I expect. 9 wins would be nice. Screw predictions, can't wait to see all this play out on the field.

Really? What if we go 7-5 with every game being within 3-7 points? That would be a better sign of progress than going 8-4 and getting blown out jn those 4 games

With the returning starters, incoming talent, key players having a heck of a season last year... 7 wins means they didn't beat anyone and there's hardly any improvement. To me, if.UT only.wins 7 and its not cuz of several key injuries...

Then Butch isn't the guy.

Really? What if we go 7-5 with every game being within 3-7 points? That would be a better sign of progress than going 8-4 and getting blown out jn those 4 games

I thought we quit those "Morale Victory" counts...?

7-5...8-4 if something goes our way instead of someone else's way...

I thought we quit those "Morale Victory" counts...?

7-5...8-4 if something goes our way instead of someone else's way...

We're still in a little bit of the rebuild mode. Now it's about building depth. I agree with you record predictions though. I lean more 8-4

Yessir. This OL is going to cost us some games. I think we have the talent everywhere else, it's just young.

Cat, thanks for your reply. I can't disagree that the OL is young. It's going to be very interesting to see how Dobbs handles it. I guess I also wasn't considering the Arkansas game either. :)

I am really with you on this. This is a tough year to predict probably in the 8-4 (with injuries) and as high as 10-2 (with breaks) 7-5 or 11-1 with some weird intangibles figured into the mix. CBJ has talked about the Grind and that will always be there, but our players will be prepared for it.

From an impartial observer I think 9-3 should be the basement for the Vols in the regular season. That is assuming no major injuries. The East is there for the taking.

VN Store

Back