Stewart Mandel of FOX Sports picks Vols to win the east

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
080615-CFB-fit-to-beat-tide-LN-PI.vadapt.620.high.0.jpg

Has has the Vols finishing 9-3 overall (6-2 in the SEC) and losing to Texas A&M in the SECC.

--I'm not buying Tennessee as much as some (as you'll see, I have them losing at home to Oklahoma), but I still see the Vols winning a mediocre East. Georgia and Tennessee both play Alabama as a crossover foe, but the Dawgs also have to visit Auburn while Tennessee hosts Arkansas.

Mandel's SEC picks: 'Bama will do fine, but won't win the conference | FOX Sports

Reactions: 11 people
He lost me at TAMU in the SECCG

He must be reaaaaaaally confident in the addition of Chavis.

While I do agree that it will make a big difference, I highly doubt that difference puts them in the SEC championship game, but who knows for sure.

Reactions: 1 person
He lost me at TAMU in the SECCG

The guy's an SEC hating big 10 homer. He just wants to say a big 12 team won the SEC Championship. Look no further than him picking us to win the east but lose to Oklahoma. I wouldn't take anything this clown says seriously.

Reactions: 2 people
i dont believe in TAMU. Ppl acting like Chavis and Muschamp will work miracles overnight on defense.

Muschamp>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chavis IMO. Auburn also has a ton more talent on the defensive side of the ball than aTm has. Auburn will be very good this year and their defense will be one of the top in the SEC

Muschamp>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chavis IMO. Auburn also has a ton more talent on the defensive side of the ball than aTm has. Auburn will be very good this year and their defense will be one of the top in the SEC

not buying it. Gotta see it. They were incredibly soft last yr.

UGA does have a beast of a schedule with Alabama and Auburn, plus Tech on the road but I have zero sympathy.

playing GA Southern wont be fun either. Had Tech beat last yr at one point and GT ended up winning the Orange Bowl

True. I also love that we get the Dawgs at home a week after they play Alabama. The East and our schedule shape up nicely for us for a change. Time to make hay while the sun shines.

You mean 3rd and Chavis??? The DC everyone wanted rid of due to his prevent D??

It's only 3rd and Chavis when the team is trying to hold on to a small lead late in the game. A&M has a good offense, so that won't factor as much for them. Their defense doesn't have to be perfect, just better. Chavis should do just fine there.

VN Store

Back