O'Brien, Vols' D-line hoping for huge 2015

kamoshika

Danny O'Brien enjoys watching practice film a lot more these days.

O’Brien, a fourth-year junior defensive tackle at Tennessee, said the Vols are doing things up front that he never saw during his first three years in Knoxville.

“Our defensive line, I mean, watching film, we’re seeing stuff on film that I haven’t seen since I’ve been here,” O’Brien said. “Maybe if you go back and watch the John Hendersons and those guys and the way they got after it, maybe that would compare to it. But we’re getting after it."

Danny O'Brien, Tennessee Vols football DL hoping for huge 2015

Reactions: 10 people
Really like O'Brien..dude is blue collar all the way. I hope that we can score quickly a lot so that we can get the defense back on the field for me to watch.

Reactions: 10 people
Can't wait to see these guys tested by Perine @ Oklahoma...

Will be a REAL initial test for them...

Reactions: 4 people
Oh at the Havoc him and his fellow D-Linemen will wreak this season. I'm as giddy as a little girl with a puppy.

I think this will be Danny O's year.. He is experienced after the year he had last year, and has another year in the weight room... But the biggest thing.. He will get to rotate, and if his DTackle team mates are performing well, this will be more for him to feed off of.. I really like Danny, going to be a good year!

Reactions: 5 people
Heck Yeah. I like O'Brien a lot. Said the defense will be "hunting" this season.

He adds solid talent and experience to give our freshman studs breathing room to learn.

Seems like its been forever since theyve had a good line that wasn't undersized and no depth. Very excited!

Reactions: 1 person
This is the true first step to being back. Being elite at this position helps you in so many other areas. This sets the table:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly. It'll be nice to see our guys not gassed by the 4th quarter because there wasn't enough of a solid rotation.

I've almost forgotten what that looks like.

And it is a great sight. The depth is getting where we need it to be. I'm hoping Kyle phillips can use this year with Curt still here to develop next year with him and Barnett it may be better than this year.

I love O'Brien. He really was a good DT for us last year, but there were many times, when he was noticeably gassed. That won't be the case this season.

Reactions: 2 people
I love O'Brien. He really was a good DT for us last year, but there were many times, when he was noticeably gassed. That won't be the case this season.

Do you guys realize Danny O'Brien started against Oklahoma, Florida, Ole Miss and Alabama last year? In the four losses O'Brien had 1 solo tackle total and 0 assists. One tackle in four games that's it. He couldn't have been gassed to start the game but still no tackles and no assists.

Do you guys realize Danny O'Brien started against Oklahoma, Florida, Ole Miss and Alabama last year? In the four losses O'Brien had 1 solo tackle total and 0 assists. One tackle in four games that's it. He couldn't have been gassed to start the game but still no tackles and no assists.

He'll make an impact this year. There were some games, when he looked good.

Maybe Mike Shanahan told him not to have more than 3 sacks in the year. :birgits_giggle:

He'll make an impact this year. There were some games, when he looked good.

I agree he had a few moments but generally he is under sized and not exceptionally quick for an SEC tackle. If you are 280 lbs you better be quick and he isn't. He does give effort though.

I agree he had a few moments but generally he is under sized and not exceptionally quick for an SEC tackle. If you are 280 lbs you better be quick and he isn't. He does give effort though.

That's why I like him. He plays hard and plays with heart. That's all that you can ever ask.

I hope you understand that a huge part of the DT's job is to push the QB and runners outside so others like Barnett and Curt can make the stops.

Yes, Danny O is undersized but his heart, determination and consistency aren't.

With only 3 DT's in the rotation he played many more snaps than he should have been playing.

There's some great DT's in college and in the NFL that never have huge stats for sacks and tackles but what they do is how DE's and LB's get so many great stats.

Danny O is 100% all Vol and we're lucky to have him and I expect he'll do much better this season with more chances to catch his breath.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

They say offense sells tickets, but I love seeing a defensive lineman squash an opposing QB like a bug almost as much as I like seeing us score.

There has been a lot of press this year about our defensive line. I hope they are not getting a case of the "Big Head" and OK runs roughshod over them in the second game.

VN Store

Back