3 Things that are Not Gonna Happen in 2015

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Just to reassure y'all about a few things I know we've all been worrying about this off-season:

1. Josh Dobbs is not gonna get arrested for off-field problems with the law, unless it's for turning in a felony number of engineering textbooks late to the library
  2. Butch Jones is not gonna leave in the middle of the night, any night, for USC
  3. Vols are not gonna win less than 8 games
The likelihood of any of these events happening has been calculated out to within a frog's hair-width of precision, and none is any more likely than McElwain giving KB a personal tweet of encouragement and reassurance. That is to say, so close to 0.000000% as no nevermind.

So, rest assured. Go Vols!

Reactions: 19 people
Just to reassure y'all about a few things I know we've all been worrying about this off-season:

1. Josh Dobbs is not gonna get arrested for off-field problems with the law, unless it's for turning in a felony number of engineering textbooks late to the library
  2. Butch Jones is not gonna leave in the middle of the night, any night, for USC
The likelihood of any of these events happening has been calculated out to within a frog's hair-width of precision, and none is any more likely than McElwain giving KB a personal tweet of encouragement and reassurance. That is to say, so close to 0.000000% as no nevermind.

You're that sure about Dobbs, huh?

Reactions: 1 person

3 years is the longest he has stayed anywhere right?..

Reactions: 4 people
btw, Gary was drinking a Dr. Pepper when I called him. He and Volunteer08 had just finished shots of Jack and were settling back for a bit. He seemed supremely confident.

Not unless the NFL comes calling.

I've been thinking a bit about this. I don't think Butch leaves Tennessee, ever. Ever.

The NFL won't be as attractive to him as it was to guys like Saban and Spurrier and so on. NFL wants innovators, coaches who can bring a new angle, a new approach, an advantage, to the game. That's not Butch.

Butch is a solid Xs and Os guy, he knows his craft extremely well. But he's not an inventor. He takes and uses and tweaks a little the things he likes of what he sees around him. He's never gonna invent any fun n gun, he's not a Rich Rod or a mad scientist Mike Leach.

Butch's #1 forte is leadership: motivating, recruiting, driving, inexorably driving and developing and bringing together. That's the realm of the college coach. Pro coaches, they don't get to have quite that same kind of relationship with their players. They don't make their name by awesome recruiting, and awesome team building. But that's Butch's niche.

And he's smart enough that he knows all that about himself. He knows where he fits. He knows Tennessee is the perfect life's work for him.

Butch is gonna be in Knoxville the rest of his life. He's gonna coach Volunteers until he retires somewhere around the year 2040. There is nothing out there, nothing out there, that has a glint for his eye. No distractions, no greater prize.

Butch is home now. Home to stay.

Reactions: 25 people

You leave me out of this JP 😳

Reactions: 4 people
We're not losing to Georgia or Florida either, that needs on your list.

Reactions: 1 person
He wasn't making $3.6mm at either of those places.

That's correct KB.

buTch also knows that with more WINS, more SEC East and SEC Championships it's eventually a National Championship and with those things comes more $$$$$$$$$$$$.

nick saTan has set the bar high for top Head Coach $$$$$$$ that can WIN and that's a proven recruiter of great talent.

As long as we'll get up off the $$$$$ for buTch and his staff I don't really see any reasons at all why buTch would want to go anywhere else.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

I may be a bit optimistic but I don't see Butch going anywhere (unless he absolutely tanks - which, again, I don't see happening).

We had Johnny Majors and Phil Fulmer for over 15 years (over 30 combined). From 1977-2008, we experienced incredible stability. CBJ's previous stops were at Western Michigan and Cincinnati. Tennessee, as Gruden said, is a dream job. Comparatively, Tennessee (given stability) is one of the best football coaching gigs in the country. If we can consistently return to post-season and remain in the top 25, I can see CBJ's coaching stint at UT rivaling that of Fulmer's. But again, I may be a bit optimistic.

4. Worley won't always hand the ball off. Thank goodness

I know our OL was young and bad, but poor old Worley could have got rid of the ball on about 12 to 15 of his sacks, all he had to do was thrown the ball:eek:hmy: in the stands, i looked back on alot of our games and watch taped on his starts and he could have many times just threw the ball away, i didnt know really how long he held on to ball till i looked back at the tape.

I know our OL was young and bad, but poor old Worley could have got rid of the ball on about 12 to 15 of his sacks, all he had to do was thrown the ball:eek:hmy: in the stands, i looked back on alot of our games and watch taped on his starts and he could have many times just threw the ball away, i didnt know really how long he held on to ball till i looked back at the tape.

Bray did that a lot in 12, one of the reasons sacks were so low. Remember a play where Worley took the shotgun snap was looking at the right side of the field. Saw a defender easily run past our RT. Worley then looks left still scanning the field. Defender levels him not a second later. Kid was tough but you have to know when to throw it away.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back