The Pride!

Aerie Vol

If you hear a rumbling in K-town today (other than clashing helmets/pads of our orange Nike-clad warriors) know this: The Pride of the Southland reported for duty this morning at 1100.

One glide step closer to Football Time in Tennessee!

AV
PS. Still proud of my, now sophomore, trumpet Pride member.

Reactions: 21 people
Gotta LOVE The Pride...!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqd2AVuRiwE[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
If it weren't for the Pride, I wouldn't have a ringtone. :D And we wouldn't annoy the crap out of the rest of the SEC. GOTTA LOVE 'EM!

Reactions: 5 people
If you hear a rumbling in K-town today (other than clashing helmets/pads of our orange Nike-clad warriors) know this: The Pride of the Southland reported for duty this morning at 1100.

One glide step closer to Football Time in Tennessee!

AV
PS. Still proud of my, now sophomore, trumpet Pride member.

Proud dad (or mom) no doubt. I don't blame you!

Reactions: 1 person
Gotta LOVE The Pride...!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqd2AVuRiwE[/youtube]

Watched my first game at the stadium at age 15.33 years later I still get chills and a lump in my throat every time I see that.GBO

If it weren't for the Pride, I wouldn't have a ringtone. :D And we wouldn't annoy the crap out of the rest of the SEC. GOTTA LOVE 'EM!

Theres nothing better than hearing opposing teams and fans complain and talk crap about the pride of the southland band cranking up Rocky Top all through the game. I remember hearing a remark that Todd Blackledge made one year when he was calling games on CBS that he was getting tired of hearing Rocky Top being played all weekend. I love it when it aggravates and annoys everyone when their in Neyland for a game. Its a TENNESSEE thing you wouldn't understand! GO VOLS!!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm so glad marching bands are still a part of college football tradition because, by God we've got the best.

Reactions: 5 people
Band nerds

:) No offense taken. But...

My son started 4 years of varsity soccer at his high school of 1400 students. He was also the fastest player on his team all four years. Athlete. Why do I brag and point this out?

He said gameday in the POTS was the single most physically grueling thing he's ever experienced in his life. Minimum 8 straight hours of standing, marching, and blowing your lungs out for the majority of it, while wearing a 20lb wool suit in ANY weather.

Band? Yes. Nerds? LOL.

POTS = Band Studs. Each and every one of them.

AV (Father)

Reactions: 12 people
As part of our vacation last week, we visited Knoxville to help the economy by buying lots of new Nike Orange and we saw the Pride rooks out there. As a former member of the Pride from WAY back, i just smiled and fondly recalled great memories!

Reactions: 3 people
Our son was a member of the POTS 1998-2001 (the good years) & was the official "counter" of the number of the times the band played Rocky Top. In one year his clicker registered over 1100...GBO!

:) No offense taken. But...

My son started 4 years of varsity soccer at his high school of 1400 students. He was also the fastest player on his team all four years. Athlete. Why do I brag and point this out?

He said gameday in the POTS was the single most physically grueling thing he's ever experienced in his life. Minimum 8 straight hours of standing, marching, and blowing your lungs out for the majority of it, while wearing a 20lb wool suit in ANY weather.

Band? Yes. Nerds? LOL.

POTS = Band Studs. Each and every one of them.

AV (Father)

Wool suits are the devils work. Only the military bands use 'em now. POTS marches that style...I think? You can usually tell by a stripe on the band pants. Either way outdated stuff.

I always marched in nice polyester kind of stuff. Didn't help when it was 110 degrees in a Dallas marching contest

Band nerds

tumblr_n0bv2xUsI31rsl308o2_500.jpg

One of the best parts of college football and we have the best. They march more than 300 yards a game and that is just endzone to endzone. Hard work and dedication!

Gamedays are rough in the early part of the season. All that wool and all that heat are a bad mix. I honestly don't know how I didn't pass out during my three years because I was at least 35 lbs heavier than I am now, ate like crap and didn't have an exercise routine. Even now you would probably have to physically drag me out of bed on a Sunday if you expected me to be productive after a day in the POTS.

those suits are so thick and heavy I would wear a cut off tee shirt and underwear underneath. All year long.

POTSB 82-85

A lot of fans, both OU and Vol were disappointed that your band did not come to Norman.Of all the glowing reports from your fans who traveled to Norman about our campus, tailgate, hospitality, facilities, etc.; the only negatives I read were about our band. Unfortunately, they were right. We were in the middle of a huge band controversy because a new director,selected as a result of internal politics, was totally unqualified and in 2 years he managed to gut a marching band that had previously won the Sudler Cup as the best college band in the country. Our old director is back now and the membership should be back up to a 300 piece level. Not enough time to go into what the other guy did but suffice it to say, the product on the field was embarrassing. It's funny what you say about Rocky Top. We hear the same complaint about BOOMER SOONER. I expect we will bring a pep band to Knoxville but we took the entire band to South Bend in 2013 so it's possible we bring the entire PRIDE of OKLAHOMA to the game.

A lot of fans, both OU and Vol were disappointed that your band did not come to Norman.....It's funny what you say about Rocky Top. We hear the same complaint about BOOMER SOONER. I expect we will bring a pep band to Knoxville but we took the entire band to South Bend in 2013 so it's possible we bring the entire PRIDE of OKLAHOMA to the game.

This ^^^ is true...the Okies i sat with in Norman were disappointed when I let them know The Pride had not traveled to the game...they will be treated to (what I feel) is the best display of marching band performance in College football on September 12th.

I didn't get sick of the "Boomer Sooner"...but, certainly the lack of lyrics is a little...well...redundant...

VN Store

Back