2011 Vols vs 2015 Vols

FïreBall

GoVols!
Just for fun.. What team would win, the 2011 Vols that beat CBJ's Bearcats vs CBJ's 2015 Vols?

My money is on the current team.. But thought this might be a good debate..

Sorry I don't meet your standards for thread ideas..

The reason I asked for fun is seeing the debates over this team and previous teams.. 2011 had a good oline, receivers etc, had Maggit and AJ.. Just team match up.. Nothing about Dooley, just team match up..

Reactions: 2 people
What happened on 11/26/11 ? One guess and you know the answer as to why its terrible

We all know the spiral down hill the season went.. I'm just talking team match up.. Use a little imagination and try having a little fun discussing.. :)

CBJ's Cincy team was physically outmatched by the 2011 Vols.

Vols never trailed after first TD tied the score @ 7-7.

Butch took a few chances (2 fourth down tries), but nothing worked for Cincy that day - crowd was electric and ultimately made a lasting impression on CBJ.

Conversely our former head coach had his best day on the job. Palardy attempted and recovered onside kick to help build a big lead.

Our 2015 team should be leaps and bounds ahead of 2011 squad just based on mental toughness alone.

Dooley's teams quit when adversity hit. I've never seen that with CBJ's teams.

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ's Cincy team was physically outmatched by the 2011 Vols.

Vols never trailed after first TD tied the score @ 7-7.

Butch took a few chances (2 fourth down tries), but nothing worked for Cincy that day - crowd was electric and ultimately made a lasting impression on CBJ.

Conversely our former head coach had his best day on the job. Palardy attempted and recovered onside kick to help build a big lead.

Our 2015 team should be leaps and bounds ahead of 2011 squad just based on mental toughness alone.

Dooley's teams quit when adversity hit. I've never seen that with CBJ's teams.

I wonder if Tennessee would played Cincinnati @ the end of the year vs the beginning, what the results would have been.

I really hate what Dooley did to the program!

I wonder if Tennessee would played Cincinnati @ the end of the year vs the beginning, what the results would have been.

I really hate what Dooley did to the program!

The best thing about the blackhole the program has been in for the last few years is that it makes the current state of the program so much more enjoyable. Got to experience some bad times to appreciate the good times.

Reactions: 1 person
Tyler Bray led teams usually pout, and then quit when things got tough. Bet against him. Take this years team, sight unseen (they haven't even scrimmaged yet).

If the 2015 vols can't beat a team that went 5-7...then its gonna be a long year

2011 offense actually turned out to be abysmal. I think 2015 would win easily, probably about 31-7.

VN Store

Back