Beat Florida and Alabama or Win the SEC East...pick your poison

Beat Florida and Alabama or Wint the SEC East

• Total voters

TheMookieMonster

You can only choose 1. So would you rather end the streak this year and beat Alabama (possibly keeping them from winning the West) or are you willing to sacrifice those two games for another year if it means we go 10-2 and win the East.

It's probably an easy question for most, but I was just curious if there were many people who would give up an SEC East title for one more year just to finally get over the hump with those teams.

NOTE: This is purely a hypothetical topic. This is not to say we will or can beat both or will win the east. Simply just want to see at this stage in Butch's career what you believe is more important.

Reactions: 1 person
You can only choose 1. So would you rather end the streak this year and beat Alabama (possibly keeping them from winning the West) or are you willing to sacrifice those two games for another year if it means we go 10-2 and win the East.

It's probably an easy question for most, but I was just curious if there were many people who would give up an SEC East title for one more year just to finally get over the hump with those teams.

NOTE: This is purely a hypothetical topic. This is not to say we will or can beat both or will win the east. Simply just want to see at this stage in Butch's career what you believe is more important.

Ok, so the we win the East option...just how badly would we lose to Alabama and Florida?

Are we talking controversial or last second losses, humiliating losses, or record-worthy historically humiliating ones?

And also for the reverse option: how badly would we be beating them?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Ok, so the we win the East option...just how badly would we lose to Alabama and Florida?

Any loss to them is a bad loss man. We have lost to them both every way imaginable, especially Florida. No such thing as a moral victory.

Buck fama over and above almost anything on the face of this Earth every chance we get.

Reactions: 2 people
Any loss to them is a bad loss man. We have lost to them both every way imaginable, especially Florida. No such thing as a moral victory.

Not a moral victory thing. There's just a difference though between losing like 21-20 and losing say 66-14.

Look at how a lot of the fans view the 2007 season because of the one-sided outcomes those UF and Alabama games.

Are we talking controversial or last second losses, humiliating losses, or record-worthy historically humiliating ones?

And also for the reverse option: how badly would we be beating them?

Assume the losses are just standard losses. So maybe 5-10 points and no last second scores or anything. Same goes for the wins. We beat them but it isn't anything ground-breaking. Just a solid victory.

Assume the losses are just standard losses. So maybe 5-10 points and no last second scores or anything. Same goes for the wins. We beat them but it isn't anything ground-breaking. Just a solid victory.

"was ist das?"

If we won both games against Florida and bama, we'd probably win the east.

Reactions: 6 people
I voted to win the East, but what teams would we lose to in order to lose the East in this scenario?

I voted to win the East, but what teams would we lose to in order to lose the East in this scenario?

Georgia and Mizzou on the road are what I was thinking. Like I said this is a hypothetical poll.

Lol I don't want to hear "Hur derp, if we beat Bama we no possibly lose to Mizzou VOLS BUTCH!"

Georgia and Mizzou are two tough teams and I could definitely see us losing to them.

Stupid poll is stupid.

2 losses makes it tough to win the East.

What? How do you think that? Mizzou was 10-2 last year and won the East and the East is even more wide open and polarizing than 2014. It is very possible that even 3 losses could win the East. Georgia plays a TOUGH schedule.

Easy....win the East! Would mean much more for our program

Missouri has won the East both of the last 2 years and it doesn't mean much of anything to their program.

Winning the East doesn't mean much anymore.

Beating Florida and getting that monkey off our back. A monkey that the national media still hounds us about.

If we finish 10-2 with, say, losses to OU and UGA and UGA wins the East finishing 11-1, program perception is much better than if we finish 8-4 and win the East in lackluster fashion only to get crushed by whatever juggernaut rises out of the West in Atlanta.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't want one more year of Florida fans running there mouth !!!!

If we went 2-10 and beat both Florida and bama I wouldn't be to mad

VN Store

Back