NFL Network's Bucky Brooks likes him some Josh Dobbs

I know people here love to be super critical but Josh Dobbs has more potential than just about everyone on our roster. He has the potential to be the #1 overall pick in the 2017 draft. He has everything you want in a QB. Very similar to Marcus Mariota.

Great size for the position at 6'3"
Great mobility
Very good arm strength
Elite intelligence
Tremendous work ethic (remember he was supposed to redshirt yet was ready when he was called upon)
Leadership intangibles

I know passing accuracy has been a criticism. I expect to see a huge leap in his passing accuracy this season. He is a special prospect.

Reactions: 10 people
IDK, but if it were me, I would have Derek Barnett on the 'Players to Watch' list over Dillon Bates.

Reactions: 7 people
Florida getting a lot of love here as well. Will be a brawl down in Gainesville this year. I'm not expecting a cakewalk at all in that game, like some are.

Reactions: 3 people
Surprised @ Bates mention as well...

But...I wanna go teach Preston Williams how to take the ACT (and not get caught!)...and get this crap behind him...so we can see his stuff on the field SOONER rather than later. If his hype is only 75% accurate...he could make a REAL difference...

Last edited:

But...I wanna go tech Preston Williams how to take the ACT (and not get caught!)...and get this crap behind him...so we can see his stuff on the field SOONER rather than later. If his hype is only 75% accurate...he could make a REAL difference...

Please don't "tech" him how to take the ACT! We want him to play!

Reactions: 5 people

But...I wanna go tech Preston Williams how to take the ACT (and not get caught!)...and get this crap behind him...so we can see his stuff on the field SOONER rather than later. If his hype is only 75% accurate...he could make a REAL difference...

He's a freak athlete. Ran a 4.5 and jumped 40 inches at the Opening a few years back. If he can stay healthy, he has the physical tools to be a pro. Luke Kuechly type potential.

Reactions: 1 person
I know people here love to be super critical but Josh Dobbs has more potential than just about everyone on our roster. He has the potential to be the #1 overall pick in the 2017 draft. He has everything you want in a QB. Very similar to Marcus Mariota.

Great mobility
Very good arm strength
Elite intelligence
Tremendous work ethic (remember he was supposed to redshirt yet was ready when he was called upon)
Leadership intangibles

I know passing accuracy has been a criticism. I expect to see a huge leap in his passing accuracy this season. He is a special prospect.

I strongly disagree. I like Dobbs. I could see him being a 3rd round pick and maybe improving to a 2nd by the time it's said and done. But I would be surprised for him to go in the first round, and there is absolutely no way he is the overall #1.

Reactions: 2 people

Great mobility
Very good arm strength
Elite intelligence
Leadership intangibles

We have a lot of players who will get drafted earlier than Dobbs. He's not gonna be a NFL QB. Doesn't mean he can't be a great college QB though. Some of the best college QBs of all time haven't made it in the NFL.

Great mobility
Very good arm strength
Elite intelligence
Leadership intangibles

You're waaaaaay off on this. Sorry bud.

We have a lot of players who will get drafted earlier than Dobbs. He's not gonna be a NFL QB. Doesn't mean he can't be a great college QB though. Some of the best college QBs of all time haven't made it in the NFL.

I believe it's too early to tell either way.
But Dobbs is talented.

Dobbs IS the most interesting man in the world.

Once I asked Dobbs about Chuck Norris...He replied, Who is she?

Dobbs made Steven Segal cut his pony tail.

Dobbs created Oxygen.

Dobbs is the freaking man! Wooooo

lol

I strongly disagree. I like Dobbs. I could see him being a 3rd round pick and maybe improving to a 2nd by the time it's said and done. But I would be surprised for him to go in the first round, and there is absolutely no way he is the overall #1.

Read the Bucky Brooks column again. He said NFL scouts are talking about him as a potential franchise QB. Those guys don't go in the 3rd round. They go #1 overall. Or in last year's case, #1 and #2. I was watching SEC media days, and some of the national media were comparing him to Russell Wilson. If Russell Wilson was 6'3", he would've been an early 1st round pick. And most likely #1 overall if not for Andrew Luck.

There's a long way to go. But I wouldn't count out this young man. Like I stated earlier he has EVERYTHING you want in a franchise QB. Now its just about proving it.

Great mobility
Very good arm strength
Elite intelligence
Leadership intangibles

Great size for a QB in the NFL would be closer to 6'5 but 6'3 is good.

Mobility in the NFL isn't a big deal since the defenses are super athletic and fast. But being able to move around the pocket and extend the play is a big deal.

Arm strength is good.

He is intelligent but that doesn't mean he's a great decision maker in games. We'll know more about that this year.

Work ethic....Let me quote Roger Federer in a football Forum "everyone works hard so I don't think I have any edge there"

Leadership- he showed flashes last year, will know more this year with a full season as starter.

Passing accuracy- will be pretty good this year. The reason being a much improved rushing attack, improved (not sure how much) offensive line, healthy WRs, and his threat to run which will move defenses around.

Conclusion: we'll see but he's shown he has potential.

Mobility in the NFL isn't a big deal since the defenses are super athletic and fast. But being able to move around the pocket and extend the play is a big deal.

Arm strength is good.

He is intelligent but that doesn't mean he's a great decision maker in games. We'll know more about that this year.

Work ethic....Let me quote Roger Federer in a football Forum "everyone works hard so I don't think I have any edge there"

Leadership- he showed flashes last year, will know more this year with a full season as starter.

Passing accuracy- will be pretty good this year. The reason being a much improved rushing attack, improved (not sure how much) offensive line, healthy WRs, and his threat to run which will move defenses around.

exactly. he's got potential. thats all i said. and he's got 2 seasons to prove himself. as you can tell by my screen name, i fully believe he'll do so. the young man is motivated and talented. thats a pretty good combination to start with.

Great mobility
Very good arm strength
Elite intelligence
Leadership intangibles

He improved by leaps and bounds from his freshman campaign to this 5 games last season. I expect he'll take another major step this season, as well...especially if the OL plays well, and we can get Pearson and/or Preston Williams in during fall camp.

Great mobility
Very good arm strength
Elite intelligence
Leadership intangibles

I know passing accuracy has been a criticism.
I expect to see a huge leap in his passing accuracy this season. He is a special prospect.

Dobbs had something like a 59.5 completion percentage last year, I dont understand the extreme criticism of his accuracy. Sure his downfield accuracy could be better, but Dobbs is a pretty accurate QB overall.

Arm strength is good.

Dobbs's passing accuracy will be better because of the rushing attack? C'mon man.

I love Dobbs as our signal caller, but I'll believe he has NFL potential when I see him complete a deep pass down the sideline for once or start throwing open guys who are tightly covered.

VN Store

Back