VFL Ovince Saint Preux Fights August 8 in Nashville

skasper06

His next fight is against Glover Teixeira on August 8 right in Nashville, TN. It's the main event of the fight night card I believe. Saint Preux is ranked the #6 light heavyweight in the UFC while Teixeira is #4 so it's a chance for our former Vol to move up in the rankings and a step closer to fighting for the title belt.

Anyways, just wanted to mention this. Should be an exciting fight. With the Rousey fight happening tonight it made me wonder when his next fight was. Go shoot him some #VFL love on twitter @003_OSP. The guy is a great ambassador and is always talking up his alma mater.

Reactions: 3 people
Worth mentioning to non fight fans that before one of his last fights they aired a pretty cool video shoot done at UT.Nothing ground breaking, but good pub for the marketing juggernaut that UT is becoming.

Reactions: 1 person
OSP is gonna mess this dude up fighting in his home state. Awesome he gets the main event too. I got OSP winning in the first two rounds. He's moving up the ranks quickly.

Isn't OSP originally from Haiti? I was just thinking about it with our new RB commit, Chik-Fil-A.

According to his UFC profile he is from Florida. However he "fights out of Knoxville, TN."

OSP is gonna mess this dude up fighting in his home state. Awesome he gets the main event too. I got OSP winning in the first two rounds. He's moving up the ranks quickly.

I don't know. Glover hits hard.

I haven't watched a whole lot of UFC, so I youtubed some OSP videos and that got me thinking.

So I found this:
UFC Career Fighter Earnings - MMA Manifesto

Thought it was interesting. OSP is 151 at $412K, btw.

As with any sport, the guys at the bottom are struggling. But at least in the PGA, you're struggling...and you get to play golf.

These guys ain't making squat just to get their teeth kicked in. That's crazy.

I haven't watched a whole lot of UFC, so I youtubed some OSP videos and that got me thinking.

So I found this:

As with any sport, the guys at the bottom are struggling. But at least in the PGA, you're struggling...and you get to play golf.

Bisping is number one. Wow. Never would have guessed that.

That's me B'day ! Going to Ruth's Chris. :pepper:

Get the mac n cheese as a side...it's great and is enough for two...they will scrape the brad crumbs....never mind...i don't want to ruin it for you if you have never been...i have been once! Have one drink at the bar FIRST and enjoy the atmosphere....then get your table! It is very worth it. Take care of your server....they are very good but still are "you and me people"...enjoy!

Edit: You have probably been before.....this was just my take! Have a great birthday!

Last edited:
The good news is Glover won't take him down and hump out a decision like Bader did. The bad news is Glover hits like a truck. Wouldn't be a devastating loss, but he has to beat a top 10 guy at some point. This division is very top heavy with AG, DC, Rumble, and Bones (when he returns) a win here would start pushing him out of the cluster **** that is the second level of the division.

So I found this:

Notice how James Toney snuck in to collect a quick check.

The good news is Glover won't take him down and hump out a decision like Bader did. The bad news is Glover hits like a truck. Wouldn't be a devastating loss, but he has to beat a top 10 guy at some point. This division is very top heavy with AG, DC, Rumble, and Bones (when he returns) a win here would start pushing him out of the cluster **** that is the second level of the division.

I'm afraid you may be mistaken. Glover does hit hard, but he also likes to mix in a lot of takedowns verses big punching opponents to tire them down and score points. He shot in on Rampage early and often. Glover will throw haymaker combos and follow up every time with a takedown attempt or a high kick. I expect Glover to also push the pace early to tire out OSP as quickly as possible. He's a pressure guy. On the other hand, OSP has KO power in both hands and feet. If he can avoid takedowns and protect his chin when disengaging he will greatly increase his odds of victory. I think OSP may have the hardest kicks in the LHW division. The sky is the limit if he keeps improving like he has thus far.

Excited to be in Nashville to support OSP, but also to witness my first live UFC event! One advantage that OSP holds over Glover is his ability to land KO punches while moving backwards. Glover does have heavy hands, but OSP does too. I also give OSP an advantage in overall movement. If he can keep the fight on the feet, I think he can finish Glover, but if Glover gets him to the ground, it's going to be a long day for OSP unless he lock in a submission. Hoping to see a win from OSP and some orange out in the crowd to support him!

I'm afraid you may be mistaken. Glover does hit hard, but he also likes to mix in a lot of takedowns verses big punching opponents to tire them down and score points. He shot in on Rampage early and often. Glover will throw haymaker combos and follow up every time with a takedown attempt or a high kick. I expect Glover to also push the pace early to tire out OSP as quickly as possible. He's a pressure guy. On the other hand, OSP has KO power in both hands and feet. If he can avoid takedowns and protect his chin when disengaging he will greatly increase his odds of victory. I think OSP may have the hardest kicks in the LHW division. The sky is the limit if he keeps improving like he has thus far.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I didn't say Glover won't take him down, I said he won't take him down and just lay on him till he gets a decision like Bader did. He will GNP or work for submissions, which will allow OSP to try and scramble to his feet or hit his own sub. That was the problem with Bader he was just a wet blanket and OSP had no chances to work for anything. Plus Baders TDs and ability to control an opponent>>>>>Glover

Last edited:
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I didn't say Glover won't take him down, I said he won't take him down and just lay on him till he gets a decision like Bader did. He will GNP or work for submissions, which will allow OSP to try and scramble to his feet or hit his own sub. That was the problem with Bader he was just a wet blanket and OSP had no chances to work for anything. Plus Baders TDs and ability to control an opponent>>>>>Glover

True, Glover typically doesn't lay and pray, but I do believe he will be motivated to try and take down OSP repeatedly. I don't think Glover wants to strike at range with OSP unless he has to. He'll throw bombs in combos to close the distance and either shoot for takedowns or work the clinch against the cage. His goal will be to avoid OSP's power while applying heavy pressure until he can fatigue him enough to simply outwork him. OSP has the tools to beat Glover, though. OSP is getting better with every fight. Glover peaked two or three years ago.

True, Glover typically doesn't lay and pray, but I do believe he will be motivated to try and take down OSP repeatedly. I don't think Glover wants to strike at range with OSP unless he has to. He'll throw bombs in combos to close the distance and either shoot for takedowns or work the clinch against the cage. His goal will be to avoid OSP's power while applying heavy pressure until he can fatigue him enough to simply outwork him. OSP has the tools to beat Glover, though. OSP is getting better with every fight. Glover peaked two or three years ago.

I wasn't arguing that. It was just a simple statement for the people that complained about the Bader fight. OSP will have a much better chance to show his all around skills, as Glover will go for the finish instead of being content to just lay on him. FWIW there is a UFC thread where a bunch of us watch and talk about the fights if you wanna join us sometime.

I wasn't arguing that. It was just a simple statement for the people that complained about the Bader fight. OSP will have a much better chance to show his all around skills, as Glover will go for the finish instead of being content to just lay on him. FWIW there is a UFC thread where a bunch of us watch and talk about the fights if you wanna join us sometime.

Come on over Skullbone. Jerry has some candy.

Anyone know what time this fight will actually start?

VN Store

Back